Thai Boxing/Fitness Training Camp

Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i want to come over in febuary time, any advice to give ?

Some one i new trained here and they said it was great, i have been doing a few muay thai classes in england to try and get the basics '
as i want to train to a high degree and maybe have a fight before i come back, what sort of standard would help me in fittness to acheive before i get to thai land ?
any one want to give any advice ? or certain things i can do in training to help me?

p.s what is the weather like in feb ?

Re: i want to come over in febuary time, any advice to give ?

Most people find the high humidity and heat hard to get used to when they first arrive. You should run and skip everyday to build up your cardio.

Cheers for the reply, is it true that it rains most of the year in phuket ? as my brother has just come back from thailand and has the understanding it does ?
i may come over even about early january time.
p.s is there many places for that sort of time?

cheers gary

In January the accommodation in the gym is almost fully booked. But there are rooms available near the gym. As for the rain, it rains from July through October. Now in November the rains are slowing down. it only rains at night, sometimes.

So,in order to survive in a Muay Thai fight when it comes to conditioning all you need to do is running and skipping?So MT is something like point karate,you only have to be fast and agile,right?No need for strength and ability to tolerate lactic acid?
Wow,i`m a little confused

Of course you need strength and you need to train but running and skipping is something he can do back home before he comes to Thailand. Something he can do without supervision, just to help to prepare for training here. It's just a suggestion. Working on flexibility is also helpful for Muay Thai boxers, and many others activities you can do...