Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
8 Septermber fights

Another big night for Rawai: 3 fights, 3 wins. Songkran, our newest trainer, won easilly by KO in Round 2. Tuk tells me Songkran used to fight in Bangkok at the same to Tuk was fighting in Raja Stadium and TV Channel 7, same promoter but different weight class and he tells me Songkran was a very popular fighter. I can see why! He's fast and strong and talented.

Linglom, also a new member of the Rawai team, won the main fight easilly too, with sweeps and take downs. The referee stopped the fight because it was apparent his opponent was not doing so well. Linglom shone in the limelight and enjoyed having his photo taken by the spectators.

The most exciting fight of the night was Daniel's fight. It was the third installment against this particular opponent. The first time Daniel won a very close battle, by decision. Their second meeting, in Patong Stadium, Daniel lost by decision and now, the final meeting, Daniel won by KO in Round 4. Daniel was the underdog after round 2 (10-2 in the betting odds). I was filming and thought he was going to lose but he surprised everyone with a stellar knee to the head and his opponent was almost KOed right there. He lasted another 30 seconds and the referee called it. The whole stadium was roaring in excitment, my throat still hurts a bit. Well done Daniel.

Right now I'm in hiospital, my daughter Elena is sick again. Must be the season for kids to get colds and fevers. I will try to head to the gym and upload the fights tonight... please be patient.