Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
costs??

Without including costs of training and accom. how much spending money would i need to bring over for 2 months?

Re: costs??

any rough ideas?

i would say it depends on what you plan on doing whilst not training? im also goin back in december for 3 months, you dont need a lot of money for food as the restuarants around the camp are really cheap. personally i would say you can easily live on £10 for food & fluids (not including alcohol ). hope this helps a bit?

When planning your budget for your trip to Thailand consider the follow expenses:
training gear, food, transportation, entertainment.

Training
10,000 Baht monthly
VIP coupons 500 Baht each

Training gear
12 oz. gloves: 1,500 Baht
Hand wraps: 300 Baht
Shin guards: 700 Baht
Ankle guards: 300 Baht
Mouth guards: 300 Baht
Muay Thai shorts: 900-1,000 baht
Singlets: 250 Baht
T-shirts: 300 - 480 Baht

Food
100 Baht per meal. Three meals a day: 300 Baht (Thai food is cheaper than Western food).

Trasportation- scooters and push bikes
Most students rent scooters to get around. We also have push bikes available at the gym.

Scooters: 150 Baht daily. 5,000 Baht monthly (price can vary depending on the type of scooter you choose, gears or automatic). You can find cheaper scooters for rent at other places but these often lack the proper maintenance and usually are unreliable (always check your front and back lights before you rent a scooter). If your bike has bald/old tires then you will be prone to getting punchers or slipping. Often the cheaper scooters end up being more expensive in the end.

Push bikes:
100 Baht daily; 600 Baht weekly; 2,000 Baht monthly.

Warning
If you plan to rent a scooter or ride on the back of a scooter in Thailand then you should ensure you have travel insurance! Hospital fees for motorbike accidents in Phuket can easily cost you up to 10,000 USD.

Entertainment
500 Baht per day is enough to cover you for basic living expenses such as food and water and some basic entertainment such as a few beers at the end of the week.

1,200 Baht: Ticket to watch the fights at the Boxing Stadiums.
1,000 Baht is the cost of a good night out at a night club.
3,000 Baht per night out if you plan to drink and party a lot.

Hey DJ this is cut and pasted from another part of the website. This guestion gets asked allot over the years and always varies to the individual and how much you choose to spend on food and extras!! Hope this give you a better idea!

nice one guys that helps alot. just my mate was in rawai may-july and has just came back and has spent a fortune. he was living it up tho.