Thai Boxing/Fitness Training Camp

Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking to start new chapter in life with some unanswered questions. Help please

Ive read lots of posts here and delighted with information i've found but still have few unanswered questions.

To the Rawai staff; im looking to head over there for start of July but hopefully sooner and staying for a period of 2 and 1/2 months ive done muay thai boxing in ireland but havent attended on a regular basis, my fitness is ok but have extra pounds on me that i dont want and i also smoke, i will make sure before i go to your camp that ill be off smokes for at least two weeks, and ill also be running most days up until departure. My goals are to be off smokes completely by time i finish in your camp and to be at about 76/78kg (im currently 87kg & 6 foot in height & 26 years old)and muscular with a fight under my belt. Am I setting goals that are unrealistic????????
As I tend to be bit lazy will trainers push me till I reach my goals????
Will you's access my fitness straight away???
Also when booking the rooms the ones for two students only do I have to find somone to share with me or will this be done by yourself's??????
Is there a pool in your camp????
And as i wish to bring my laptop is this a good idea??? Has the camp safes for stuff like this????

To the other readers or past students;
Has anyone come to camp with similar goals to me and reached them?????
Is anyone else english speaking (hopefully women) heading to camp around same time as me??????
Can anyone advise me on the food?? Is it better to go with the deal on the camps website (money and taste wise)???? Or is there better things on offer???
How much money would you need per week to live with and without food included, this can be in euros,pounds or us dollars??? Bearing in mind im not a boring bastard and like to have fun.... But i will only drink/party once a week at most because of goals im setting out....
should i organise visa for my stay there before i go to thailand????

At last i would like to thank everyone for reading and helping me with my questions. Chao from recession hit dump of a country IRELAND.

Re: Looking to start new chapter in life with some unanswered questions. Help please

I forgot to add how does the detox programme work with the training??? Do i stay at rawai camp and attend detox programme from there with some training in between???? I would like to do detox for 4 days with some training then pushed to my limits for remainder of 2 1/2 months. Has anyone done this detox programme??? Is it good??? How does it interact with training???

Re: Looking to start new chapter in life with some unanswered questions. Help please

Since you are staying 2 or 3 months I suggest you do the detox first (4 day full fast) and after you are finished with that start your training. It's really hard to do both at the same time.

bro iv never bin to thailand or done much muay thai but if you go to train you should go with a good attitude to get to your goals and they will be gained .... no one will get them for you but you will get respect and incoragement if you are self motervated .

Diana
Since you are staying 2 or 3 months I suggest you do the detox first (4 day full fast) and after you are finished with that start your training. It's really hard to do both at the same time.

Hi Diana, thanks for reply could you answer the other questions directed at yourselves about the camp???? Please

thought i'd help you with a couple of things! I'm going out in July and i just got my visa, you literally just go to your local Thai consort with your passport and 2 photos and they give you a visa..i got a 2 month one and it was free. You cannot get to thailand without the visa!!

a few people i know have been here already, pretty sure there's no pool but it's so close to the sea i don't think you'll need it! money wise i think you should aim around £100 a week maybe a little more, to include training, accom food etc.

Trainers will notice the people who are more motivated and push them more. It's really up to you how hard you train. You should reach your goals if you push yourself hard enough.

When you arrive we show you all the accommodation available and if you want to stay in a shared room that's fine, even if you come alone.

There is no pool in the gym. Happy Elephant resort, about 50 meters from the camp has a lovely pool. Le Piman about 500 meters from the camp has another nice pool. I go to Friendship Beach resort, about 1 KM from the gym. Everyone can use their pool as long as you order a drink or something to eat. They have a lovely bar and restaurant, facing Chalong bay, It's a lovely view of the water and the pool is relaxing.

Many students bring their laptops as there is WiFi all around the camp. Every room has electronic safes, but not large enough to store your laptop in however.

ij
money wise i think you should aim around £100 a week maybe a little more, to include training, accom food etc.

Do ya reckon £100 per week is ok??? Im gonna pay for food,training & accom. up front so dont have to worry bout it. So after this a £100 per week???

Have you booked your flight yet??? Cheapest one i found was €800 yoyo's, have you found anything considerbly cheaper than that?????

Nice one for writing back, whats the name???

mate, i wouldnt pay anything up front to early. i would pay max 2 weeks advance. because if you dont like the training you can go to another camp, or if you injure yourself. if you pay unfront, they will never give you a refund.

hey justin it's Isy. no i mean £100 all in! i'm taking about £700 and i'm staying 6 weeks..my friends who have been before said they never spend more than that. everything's well cheap! I've also been told to take your own protein etc coz that's pricey in thailand. My flight was £660 a few weeks ago..

Bring as much as you can mate was there last year for 3 months feel into a little trap called patong and booze and it was the best trap i ever fell into lol, heading back out on the 24th june so mite even get some training done this time though i,ll be going to promthep muay thai , up the irish yeeerrrrooooo

Isy thanks for reply much appreciated, are you heading to rawai muay thai camp for whole duration of stay???? If so are you gonna stay in accom on camp?????

Hi Justin,

did you end up going to Rawai ?

I leave in 3 weeks and hitting Rawai for 5 weeks. Super excited!