Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video and Photo Service Beware

Video and Photo Service Beware, I Ask for Video and Photo Service. the Video he was late, than Photo he never came waste my time.Save your money and time do yourself. But the camp was A+++ and the service People than was very helpful.

Re: Video and Photo Service Beware

Louis asked Cha Cha to take a photos of him, unfortunately it was Cha Cha's day off and he overslept Sorry Louis!

You now charge for video and photo service....?

Photo/video service

We have a professional photographer at the gym, Jay, who will take photos of you training or your fights. As for video, Cha Cha or Vi can take video of you and I will put it in a DVD.

I ask for photo and he said he will do it.
ChaCha dont get me wrong he a very nice and helpful person he time just bad.

Other gyms charge more. We have a professional photographer who takes awesome shots. Ssure you can ask your friends to take some pictures too. Photos of fights are hard to do well as the subjects are moving fast.

Anyways, it's just another service we offer, you are not obligated to use it. we still put the fights online for free.

Doesnt sound very professional !
plus give me a break on that "Well other gyms do it too" excuse

yeah i agree, this is getting to commercial. i understand people have to make money, but next theyll start charging to use the lockers in the gym (wops they do that already) whats next? charge everytime you hit the kick bag?

Yeah greedy basdards, they even charge you for protein drinks and water, if you want equipment like gloves and shorts you have to buy it and when you leave you have pay for your own taxi to the airport...

What do you guys expect really? That the gym provides a photographer who takes pictures of you for free? That the gym pays for the disc if you want your fight on dvd?
Or do you just dislike the fact that the gym offer photo and video service?

I suggest that you stay home and train in your own livingroom, then you don't have to pay for anything.

yea but come on 2000 baht thats £40 could get all that done in england for a tenner which is 500 baht the place is a rip of ,farang come lets rob em ,wonder how much they charge the thai,s for photo service yea thats rite nowhere near 2000 baht now is it

A tenner to hire a professional photographer in England? I find that hard to belive mate.. The average thai makes a few hundred bath a day, so photo service is probably not their first priority. Do you think its a ripoff that the farangs have to pay for training? The thais don't...

You're on a (training) holiday so you should spend some. Being a tourist means that you save some money and then spend it.

If all of your cheap charlies keep nagging over a couple of bahts then stay home!!!

Thailand is already a cheap destination to stay for a tourist. You don't need to use these services if you dont want to.

Unbelieveble how people think. Bunch of hippy backpackers.

well said rob! lol

Daniel
Yeah greedy basdards, they even charge you for protein drinks and water, if you want equipment like gloves and shorts you have to buy it and when you leave you have pay for your own taxi to the airport...

What do you guys expect really? That the gym provides a photographer who takes pictures of you for free? That the gym pays for the disc if you want your fight on dvd?
Or do you just dislike the fact that the gym offer photo and video service?

I suggest that you stay home and train in your own livingroom, then you don't have to pay for anything.

the issue isnt the service ...its the amount charged. 80$ for a coupla pics by some ammy with a camera ? cmon

80 Dollars? Where does this figure come from? The cost is 1,200 for a CD full of photos. That's 36 USD. It's a reasonable price for a good quality product. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Jay is a good guy who takes nice photos and offers this service to our students. No one is forced to use it, although many students have bought his photos and are very pleased with the result.

Jay is a great guy and I got him to take some shots of me training and I'm really happy with them. In all I got 2 CDs of pictures off him which was about 250 shots. For 1200 baht it's a bargain, as he's a really good photographer and I have a really cool document of my training at Rawai. Nobody's forcing anyone to avail of this service so I can't understand why people are complaining. I'd recommend it if anyone wants professional standard photography at a bargain price.

I'm actually in the process of buying my pics from Jay. In the process, because I have asked Jay to come to few different sessions like (clinching, yoga) and he has...every time. Takes a lot of pics and coporates with me on what kind of pics I want. I got plenty of pics from my pad work, stretching, even rope skipping...because I have asked him to take pics of the general atmosphere at the gym...

I have seen some of my pics and they are very, very good.

Jay is a really good photographer...Highly recommended!

I wish this was available when I was traing back in 2008, The only regret I have from my experiance was that i have no photo's of me training at the gym.
Believe me take the service in years to come you can look back and have a great memento of your adventure.