Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tourist VS Non-Immigrant VISA????

Hey guys,

If any of you can answer to this post.

I want to apply for a 2 month visa. I called the Thai Embassy in Oslo to see which one I should get. Since the fee for a tourist visa is waived at the moment, that's the visa I wanted to apply for, however the embassy told me that if I was just a tourist in Phuket, I could get a 2 month tourist visa, but since I told them about Rawai Muay Thai, they will give me a non-immigrant visa and I have to pay for it. Have any of you come across same scenario before?

It seems I should have kept my mouth shut about Rawai. But then, by witholding this information, will I be breaking the law?

Re: Tourist VS Non-Immigrant VISA????

If you can get the tourist visa then get it, because it's good for 60 days and you can then extend your stay for 30 days more, at Phuket immigration office.

If you have to get the non-immigrant O visa then you will need an invitation letter to the camp as well as other documents from us and you will need to pay for it. For two months, it's not worth it. The non-immigrant O is good for people who want to stay longer than 3 months.

Re: Tourist VS Non-Immigrant VISA????

I`ve been to Thailand on a tourust visa six times, and I`ve always put the gym as my adress in Thailand. No problem.
I suggest that you just fill out the application for a tourist visa and bring thst and your passport, a copy of your passport, two pictures, a copy of your flight tickets and your biggest smile to the embassy.

The thai embassy in Oslo can be a bit hard to deal with, the best is just to do exactly what they tell you. So if they tell you that you need a NI visa instead just say ok and pay, it`s not much anyway. Whatever you do, don`t get angry or rude in the embassy, you will end up without a visa.