Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Questions of a newbie

Hello Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning on coming to Rawai for 2 months in March. Never been to Phuket before, so I got few questions:

1. What would you guys suggest for accommodations for a couple on the budget?

I'm familiar with the gym's accommodations and it seems that if living inside the gym, there is a room for 2 people, at 5000 BHT per person.

But what else can you guys suggest? I heard something about Orchid Gardens? Anyone knows prices and if a room for 2 people is available?

Any other accommodations as an option for two "broke ass" people in love?

2. Getting around...

Never used a motor bike. How safe is it? Is one motor bike enough for 2 people? I heard many horror stories about people getting injured and even dying in motor bike accidents in Phuket. What gives?

3. Are there any public transportation options if one chooses not to rent a motor bike?

Thanks for your help guys.

Re: Questions of a newbie

Patrycja
Hello Everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning on coming to Rawai for 2 months in March. Never been to Phuket before, so I got few questions:

1. What would you guys suggest for accommodations for a couple on the budget?

I'm familiar with the gym's accommodations and it seems that if living inside the gym, there is a room for 2 people, at 5000 BHT per person.

But what else can you guys suggest? I heard something about Orchid Gardens? Anyone knows prices and if a room for 2 people is available?

Any other accommodations as an option for two "broke ass" people in love?

2. Getting around...

Never used a motor bike. How safe is it? Is one motor bike enough for 2 people? I heard many horror stories about people getting injured and even dying in motor bike accidents in Phuket. What gives?

3. Are there any public transportation options if one chooses not to rent a motor bike?

Thanks for your help guys.

1: If you want to stay cheaper as 5000 baht a month i suggest to camp for free on the beach. Otherwise keep on saving money and wait till you have enough.

2: In Thailand even 6 people fits on a bike but since you guys are on a budget i'm not sure if you can afford one.

3: Public transport is there but it reduces the freedom to go whenever whereever you want to.

hey patryja i stayed at orchid gardens a few months ago and can say that it was fantastic place to stay , i stayed in a shared room inside the gym for a month with a friend 2 single beds not ideal for a boyfriend and girlfriend , very small to , i checked out orchid gardens and it was ideal lovely lush garden with nice bungalows a bar with food and a big pool, ideal place to relax after training . The guy who owns the place is an english guy called roger and he,s a great crack. The price for a month is 10,000 baht which works out at £190 which is cheap as chips ,the rooms also have big double beds. if you pay for 2 months upfront roger will throw in a motorbike for the 2 months but only if you ask him , he,s a pretty reasonable guy so dont forget to ask it will save you £160 , dont think there is any public transport , a bike is the best way to get about its pretty easy to drive them , hope this helps

Thanks for all your answers. 5000 bht is of course a good price for a month's stay, and I already asked Diana to book me a double room in the gym, however I do need some quiet time (I'm a university student and have to do a lot of reading and writing) and was wondering whether it was going to be perhaps a bit too loud.

If any of you stayed in the shared room in the gym, could you please tell me your thoughts about that.

Chris, the 10000 bht at Orchid Gardens, is it per person or per room for 2 people?

I guess motor bike is a must then. Hopefuly I don't kill myself on it. Any tips on how to ride it safely? What to watch out for?

yeah, sleeping on the beach would be a great option as the reason for my tight budget is wanting to get tattooed in Phuket...and good tattoos are never cheap and cheap tattoos are never good...

hey again i think that for a boyfriend and girlfriend it would be 10,000baht for the two of you ,not really sure but i think it should be ok , as i said roger is pretty reasonable so i think it would be fine

chris
hey again i think that for a boyfriend and girlfriend it would be 10,000baht for the two of you ,not really sure but i think it should be ok , as i said roger is pretty reasonable so i think it would be fine

ROGER THE DODGER The english dude who wears a cap with rasta hair. The guy is cool! And if you just tell him your situation I think he could give you guys a great deal.

Richard,

Is there a way of contacting Roger to set something up now?

I hate doing things last minute

dont have a number for roger , just go to orchid garden when you arrive and you,ll be fine always plenty of rooms availablehttp://www.phuketpropertyandhome.com/for_sale/rawai_orchid_garden_resort.html# copy that link for a few photos

chris
dont have a number for roger , just go to orchid garden when you arrive and you,ll be fine always plenty of rooms availablehttp://www.phuketpropertyandhome.com/for_sale/rawai_orchid_garden_resort.html# copy that link for a few photos

Hey Patricia,

Give me your e-mail adress and I'll send you his personal sell phone number. Don't want to post it somewhere so that everybody can see it.

Cheers

my e-mail is potrzymam@aol.com

Perhaps Roger has an e-mail address, which could be a bit more convenient? however if you only have his cellphone number, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you so much for your help.