Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More construction at the gym

We are building new showers and a new laundry area in the gym. You can see construction photos here.

Re: More construction at the gym

Hi Diana,

It would be nice to hear from some students about their experience at Rawai, as the testimonial on the website have been up a long time, some new ones would be nice

Yes, you are right. I will add more people to the testinonials page! Thanks!

new showers

The new shower area is finished. Showers have hot water, so no more waiting in line for a shower after training!

give us an update!!!! what new things are happening for the gym????

heard the steam room is gone?

The steam room was costing too much to run. we were burning wood everyday and not many people were using it. There are good saunas all around Rawai, and in Atsumi Detox center as well.

We turned the sauna into a much needed storage room, to keep all the inventory for the gym shop. We also made it bigger and added a new laundry room next to it. Constantly making improvements to the gym!

thats a shame, the steam was one of the best things about rawai. it would have actually made me chose it again over other camps. it was a great way to relax after training and it rested my body.

is the camp becoming more touristy?

There are nice steam rooms near the camp that our guests can use. We just couldn't keep paying 1,000 Baht per day in burning wood and upkeep costs that the steam room was generating.

People enjoy the training at Rawai and tell their friends so the word gets out and more people come to try it every year. It's a great place to train and to meet people from all over the world.

Tuk does a great job with the training and fights part of the gym while I try hard to help the guests out in any way they need, and keep the website updated and post videos online, etc.

Muay Thai is becoming a popular sport so there are more camps in Thailand and in Phuket in particular, since it's a lovely spot.

Another internett warrior...

You'll get the attention you deserve, simple as that. If you work hard and treat your trainers with respect they will give you attention and teach you well.

I'm glad the steam room is gone, it made me sick at least once, and theres heaps if saunas in the area anyway.

Only a few weeks now and i'll be back, see you all in july.

Q

show us more stuff.
i am obsessed