Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuk's fighting again!

Next week, on Wednesday December 30th Tuk will fight at Bangla Boxing Stadium. His last fight was in the Gold Coast, on 11th March 2006 against Andrew Keogh. Tuk won that fight by points. Now he will be fighting a younger and fitter opponent... why you may ask? Good question. Tuk said that he wanted his daughters to watch him at least once, in person, doing something he loved, while he still could!
Hope you can come to watch and cheer Tuk on.

Re: Tuk's fighting again!

excellent news will u be posting the fight on this website?
also how old is Tuk now please? i'm sure his daughter will be really proud of him. good luck Tuk!

Yeah Tuk, Chok Dee
I support you from Belgium !!!!

http://nakmuay006.skyrock.com

Unfortunately Tuk won't be fighting after all. He is upset about Gerri's fight on 22 December. He feels that Bangla Stadium has cheated us and he doesn't want to fight in that stadium anymore. It's a sad end to an otherwise very successful year.

maybe he,s upset he lost many many baht on the fight lol

We didn't bet any money, but our students and trainers did. Anyways, the Bangla stadium promoter passed by the gym yesterday and asked Tuk to reconsider. He made 80 large posters with Tuk's photo and has placed them all around Phuket, promoting the event. Each poster cost 1,000 baht, so it's an expense and well, after a heated discussion, Tuk agreed to fight... so the fight is on again! Watch a video of Tuk training for the fight.

Diana Campillo
He made 80 large posters with Tuk's photo and has placed them all around Phuket, promoting the event. Each poster cost 1,000 baht, so it's an expense and well,

1000 bath for one poster? really? they cant cost so mutch

These posters are huge! They're like lifesize... Anyways, that's what he told us... Tuk went running this morning and again in the afternoon, skipping and kicking the bags... he's tired but I think he enjoys it. I'm making another video of his training, as i feel this really might be the last time he fights.

Hey guys,

Thats excellent to hear that tuk is fighting again,

we wish him the best of luck..
we cant wait to see the fight vid.

how you guys are having a great festive season, and all the best for the new year,,

see you at end of next year, we are planning on coming out for many months, as i will be tattooing with Tu and Steve..

Regards,

Deepak

Another video of Tuk training...

hi diana,
so how old is Tuk now please? and do u have any info on his opponent?
oh and Tuk's looking good in training video!

thanks

Tuk will be 31 on March 11, 2010. His opponent is 17 years old! Faster and fitter than Tuk, for sure, and a bit taller, but Tuk has more experience.

The fight video is now online. You can watch it on You Tube.

Tuk is featured in Phuket Muaythai Magazine, page 8:

Article on Tuk's fight

Below is the article, by James Goyder

Tuk

The Rawai Muay Thai owner makes a victorious comeback
Tuk is better known in Phuket as the owner of Rawai Muay Thai than as a fighter but the 30 year old decided to get back in the ring after a three years absence because, ‘I wanted my two daughters to see me fight.’

Presumably the idea was for Tuk’s two daughters to see their father win but that looked far from certain when Tuk, whose last fight was in Australia in 2006, tore his calf muscle days before the fight. Tuk was also facing a much younger opponent in 18 year old Thep Samut from Sit Jamnong Gym in Surat Thani.

The first round saw a few cautious exchanges, with Tuk unable or unwilling to kick with his injured right leg but using his left leg effectively to keep his opponent at bay with teeps and sweeps and landing some crisp combinations of his own. In the second round Thep Samut seemed determined to utilize his substantial height advantage by clinching with Tuk and both men exchanged knees for virtually the entire round.

This pattern continued in round three but the fight ended abruptly at the start of the fourth round when Tuk landed a devastating uppercut elbow leaving his opponent unconscious on the canvass.