Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Atsumi prices

Did the cost just go up for the detox program? Looks like the boxer's detox went up over 1,000 Baht. Also, looks like the discount is only 15% instead of 20%.

Is this because of the high season? Does this mean that Rawai training/accomodation will also rise?

Just curious

Re: Atsumi prices

Atsumi detox fees remain unchanged. Only the discount offered to Muay Thai students has changed.

Atsumi has been giving Rawai students a 20% fee on all their detox programs for many years now. Just this week they informed me that they are reducing this discount to 15%. Other establishments were only receiving a 10% discount and I guess there were complaints so now Atsumi offers 15% to all Muay Thai students, to make it fair.

It's a shame because it does increase the detox price for us.

The cost of accommodation and training at Rawai will remain unchanged!

Thanks for explaining

I guess we shouldn't be greedy...after all, a discount is a discount.

Also, and this is trivial, but in the detox program for Rawai students, do they throw in a massage every day? I'm guessing that they don't since it wasn't listed......

The special Muay Thyai Detox program doesn't include the daily massage... It includes only one colonic irrigation a day.

The Full Fast program includes 2 colemas daily (colonic irrigation) and the daily massage.

Diana, who is that Western girl that works there? She is a really pretty tall brunette. Do you know if she gives massages because I would love a massage of her :D

Michelle is cute and I think if we all did the detox maybe we could try to look like her...! Anyways, you can ask her for a massage in private.

Hi, I'm Shell and I work here at Atsumi, with regards to your question, we didn't raise the prices but we did ammend the discount from 20% to 15%. However, our prices remain very competitive (our standard rates are approx 30% cheaper than surrounding centers before even adding the 15% dicount that we offer Rawai Muay Thai students)and detox packages in Thailand are still much cheaper than other parts of the world.

The boxers detox includes one daily colonic whereas the full Atsumi program contains two colonics per day, this was specifically created to make a more affordable option that was also more flexible with training times. The boxers detox still provides excellent results and most students lose between 0.5-1KG per day.

Should you have any questions regarding the detox, please feel free to message me, hope this helps

Kind Regards Shell

Atsumi prices

Hi Shell

Thanks for the update, I was wondering if you were free sometime this week? I would love to take you out on a date... Some place nice :D

X x x

Hi Shell,

My partner and I have booked into rawai for a month starting in the beginning of february and we are interested in doing a detox of some description. Is there any particular time during our month of training that we should do the detox?

Thanks,

Tia

Detox is bullshit. They are trying to get your money because there exists a market for it. The best form of detoxing is by eating normal in the first place and staying active. Instead of a cheeseburger, eat a salad and have a bowl of potato soup. Detox myths are just a counter-culture of unhealthy eating.

Hi Tia

It's really personal choice when you decide to do the detox, though one of the main benefits you will notice after completing a cleanse is an increase in energy levels as the body can more effectively absorb the nutrients from the food you eat after the digestive system has been cleaned and unclogged.

Therefore, my recommendation would be to cleanse the body first and when you are feeling really good, have dropped some weight and are motivated to change your old habits (we inform you about how to maintain your healthy eating post detox so you can continue to move forwards) you can then throw yourself into training and get fit and toned.......I am confident that you can make a huge transformation in one month of training at Rawai.

I hope this helps with making your decision. You may want to start training and then stop by for a chat and get a feel for the place before you make a decision.

In response to Simon, if everyone in the world ate healthy wholesome foods, never overate, avoided acidic foods, alcohol and drugs, exercised religiously, drank loads of water and ate lots of fiber then there wouldn’t be such a high demand for detox centers but unfortunately in the real world this doesn’t happen so it has become a fast and effective way to rid the body of harmful toxins, remove excess weight, improve digestive disorders and illnesses and enhance energy levels, all of which provide a stepping stone to healthier lifestyle in the future.

If you need verification I’m sure you will meet people who have done the detox when you arrive at the camp or you can join our Facebook group (Atsumi Healing Fasting and Detox Center Phuket) and speak to some of our past guests directly.

Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me

Shell xXx

Having done both the detox and Muay Thai I would make the comment that cost shouldn't be a decision factor in doing either if your life is in need. I could not put a price on the difference Shell and Dianna (Atsumi & Rawai) have made on my life. Although I didn't have a perfect diet, I wasn't a junk food junkie and did little walking, however I was still a victim of a very busy work life and was going downhill fast. Having hit 40 and 130kg it was time to do something about it. 10 day full fast and 6 weeks at Rawai got me down to my current weight of 97kg. I have completed the Gold Coast Half Marathon and am now in training for the Port Macquarie Iron Man - 3.8km Swim/180km Bike/42km Run. So how much would YOU pay for this sort of change to your life? Detox for me was also not just about diet. I am not the "spiritual" sort of guy, but the experience left me also changed in my life outlook and also have made some major changes to my working life and family life for the better. Another priceless benefit. We are currently planning a full family trip back to Thailand to do it all again. Can we afford it? Probably not - but can we afford not too? You get out of these things what you put in.
So, A huge thank you to Shell and Diana and your crews. You have changed both my and my families lives forever.
Gaz

Thanks All.

Hi. I run the Atsumi Center, and there are many comments about our program. A lot of people who have done the detox/fasting programs believe it is useful for the body. The programs can change your way of thinking not only about your eating habits but about being a more positive person. We accept all types of people of people and we will help you to achieve your goal. If people think our program is "shit" ten we would not have returning guests, year after year, and they recommend our program to their friends.

I leave this message to say thanks for all comments about Atsumi and we appreciate more comments. Thanks to Diana and Shell and Gary and all our guests.

Happy New Year!

Hi Gary- are you saying you went from 130kgs to 97 kgs in about 10 weeks? thats an amazing effort congrates!

I came to Rawai Muay Thai to lose weight, gain overall fitness and be taught the art of Muay Thai. Looking at the website I see a detox option. This is broken into 3 sections: a full fast, raw fast and juice fast. As I was going all this way it seemed a good idea to do a week detox at the start of a 3 month training expedition.

Upon arrival Diana, who is very helpful, explained a few details and said she would take me to the detox center to chat with the people there. I chatted with Michelle, and English girl, and soon decided to undertake a full fast detox. This is no food or juice, just water and supplements for a full 7 days with the unerstanding that at any time I could break the fast unto a raw food or juice detox if I could not hack the full shabang. There are 4, 7 and 10 days fast available, or if you are nuts, 14 plus days. As I mentioned before, I opted for the 7 day full fast and completed it losing a total of 7.2 KG in one week.

Training on the full fast would be impossible in my opinion. Not sure about the juice or raw fast, but if you are not used to the conditions around here, I would be very surprised if you lasted more than 3 days with the intense training. Also if you go to the detox center, there are lots of things to do daily. You get a complimentary massage, yoga classes, and talks about Chinese medicine and nutrition. They also have a swimming pool and herbal steam room. I was please with the results. I plan on taking the detox again next year.

A little tip, if you are thinking about doing this. You have to do a pre fast where you only eat raw food for 3 days, so do this before you come, so you can save some time, if you are in a tight schedule. I hope this has been of some help.