Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fighting

Hiya!
We arrive in Phuket on 29th July and are staying until 11th August. Is this long enough to train for a fight? I know you said before, that 2weeks is really the minimum to train, so I will understand if its too short notice. I don't mind stepping in if you have a pullout whilst I'm there! Do you think it would be better to stay longer and leave it til next time? Trouble is I can only really stay 2-3 weeks with my current job!
Can't wait to come back out and train! Will you have a few intermediate/advanced girls training at that time? See you all soon!

Re: Fighting

Let's see what the circumstances are when you get here. It's all up to the promoters, if they can find a good match-up for you. That's why the longer you stay the better. When you get here let Tuk know you want to fight right away!
Yes, we have many good female boxers in July and August. We are sending some to fight in the Queen's cup.

Excellent-ok thanks. A girl from our country who I know, has been invited to fight in the Queens Cup. Is that the one in November? Her name is Julie Kitchen and shes just won her 7th World title in Jamaica! She's fighting for her 8th in 2 weeks!

The Queen's cup takes place in Bangkok on August 11 and 12th. I think Julie will be fighting then. She is a great athlete!

Cool! Which stadium is the Queens Cup in, as we fly back up to Bangkok on 11th Aug! Where could we get tickets! I've fought 2 of Julies students-they fight just like her - no wonder I lost both!!

Just noticed, Julie is fighting in the Kings Cup in December! Thanks for your quick replies! Can't wait to come back!

The Queen's and King's Cups take place in front of the Royal Palace, in an open air arena. It's free and there will be thousands of people there, so in order to get a view of the fights, you need to get there early and wait and then stand for hours. It's a crazy and fun and public event. Muay Thai for the masses!

Suzy/DIana

Do you know the date kings cup in December would love to see this.

Hi Chris!
Its on December 4th! You thinking of going?

Suzy
Hi Chris!
Its on December 4th! You thinking of going?

Yeah would be good, Everything going good i'll be back in thailand for a year in November. So would be well interested in going to this.