Thai Boxing/Fitness Training Camp

Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Time Visiting Thailand in September 09.....

my main reason for coming to thailand is to learn muay thai and lose weight, but i was worried about the amount of training we mite be doing, honestly i aint that fit, dats one of the main reason of coming to thailand, i have about 10 weeks bfore i fligh out to phuket, i was woundering if any one can get me afew tips to improve my fitness before i get there also wanna bulid up mu immune system so i dont fall sick to easy. if anyone can give sum tips would be more then helpful, anywayz i cant wait til i get to phuket, hopefully this will be a new turn in life for me. also can anyone let me know if i need a visa? i got a british passport and i am stayin for a month.

Re: First Time Visiting Thailand in September 09.....

Hi Razy,
Concentrate mostly on cardio - lots of running , circuit training and lots of working on your abs !
don't worry to much about the Muaythai as you'll get enough technique training whilst at Rawai.

could some give me particular training circuit that i could follow to increase my fitness, this would be very helful and thank u tommy for the tips much appericated.

this might help you:

http://pub31.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2595606398&frmid=14&msgid=843742&cmd=show

remember to start slow...but increase intensity whenever possible!
Quality over quantity...the workouts should always be challenging and rather short!

thanx rob some useful information about my main goal b4 i get to phuket is to increase my cardio, i need a training schedule something i can follow and keep track of, if u can help let me knw. i knw the basic like skipping running drills etc but i need a way spread the activties out during a week with the right amount of work load and rest. anywayz thanks for all the help ppl.

the work load and rest depend on your work capacity.

so first you should post your current workout shedule and what your specific goals are(short and long term)

If you plan on staying only 1 month in Thailand you don't need a visa. However it doesn't hurt to have a tourist visa which is easy to get. This entitles you to stay up to 60 days in Thailand and if you want to extend that another 30 days you can do so at Phuket immigration office, without having to leave the country.

Hi Razy,

I been here 5 weeks now and I still can't do a full day. Nothing I think can prepare you for the heat but at the end of the day how much or little you wanna do is up to you. To do the full 7 hours some do takes action man status. I am usually doing about 2/3 hours a day and with that I am feeling great.

As far as I preperation I would suggest run run run. The thing that kills me is just stamina. The heat makes it real tough.

The good news is the trainers are great and they will push you as much as you can and will help you grow and develop.

Also practice putting through a few pints then running the next morning if you are anything like me. Training with a hangover is real tough :-)

Overall I would say you are going to have a great time in Rawai. I have came here with my misses and we have both had the holiday of our lives. Rawai town is great aswell. People are all so friendly and everything is magic.

I only came here for four weeks. No plans on going home for at least another few weeks.

Ray

Hi Ray, just curious if your misses is training as well.

Reason i ask is I am planning on coming for a few weeks in November with my girlfriend, but she probably won't be training. Wondering if theres enough for her to do while I subject myself to intense physical torture

thanks