Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ready to Learn

Hello Danny and Everyone!!!
My name is Tamika. I wanted to know do you train beginners into professionals. I wanted to come to Thailand for a period of two to three months[2010] and train. I could learn this art in the states but I would rather learn Muay Thai in Thailand were it was created. I have a little martial arts background. When I learned mix martial arts while enlisted in the Military. The majority of it being ju jitsu. What would you recommend for a beginner wanting to go pro? Does your gym usually schedule beginners to fight in Thailand? Thank you!

Tamika

Re: Ready to Learn

dear Tamika, many of our students who have never fought get a chance to do so. Tomorrow, for example, we have a girl from Australia, Tahlia, who will be fighting for the first time.

If you want to go pro well that's up to you. That takes time and effort and talent. We have some students who have stayed at the camp 1 year and that's usually enough time to get lots of fighting experience.

Thank you Diana! I recieved your email also. Thank you for that information as well. When I am ready to book I will make the arrangements with you correct? What season do you perfer for training? or What seasons have other students enjoyed?

We are busy year-round with students from all over the world. But tourists in general enjoy the high season which runs from November - April. Now in Phuket we are in the low season: the surf is up, the weather is cooler and it can rain. The rains stop by the end of September. In the high season the weather heats up and the sea calms down, perfect for snorkeling and swimming.

i most enjoyed the weather from october-december...the rain gets less but the temperature is not as hot as in springtime