Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training During the Wet Season.

I'm thinking about heading over to Thailand in August for 4 weeks at Rawai. I know it can rain non stop during August and September. Does this have any impact on training, humidity and weight loss results?

Ben

Re: Training During the Wet Season.

its not as rainy as you hear...ive been to thailand 2 times in the wet season and i never had a non stop raining problem...there are certain days however where its pissing down like fuck

its not about how much you sweat as you only loose water doing that.

its about how hard you train and how much calories you burn/consume

doesnt matter shit what temperature is outside

Thanks Rob. I live in a dry heat, up to 48deg in summer. I'm used to that but humidity is unheard of here. I was curious as to what effect humidity has on you if you're not used to it?

well i would guess that you sweat a little more during training as the air seems "thicker" when there's a high humidity

it will take about 1-2 weeks and you'll feel like home

just DONT use the air conditioning or go to supermarkets which have them very often...otherwhise it'll take much longer for you to acclimate and you'll sweat like fuck when going outside

Thanks for the input Rob. Just trying to find a travel agent with their finger on the pulse and some cheap airfares...

Didn't STA start in Australia? I'm from the US but I got my tickets through them for wicked cheap.

Ben I'm flyin in from perth in a couple of weeks I just got a one way flight for 180 with tiger airways to phuket!!! and there are cheaper ones on there too!! good luck

Jayde

Hi Jayde, yeah Tiger are cheap from Perth. I'm on the east coast, but I'm booked anyway with Thai. Arriving on the 10th for a month. Can't wait.

Hi Jayde,

I'm from Perth also coming over in August/Sept for 4 weeks. I was looking at Tiger flights, is the one you got via Singapore?

Cheers mate

Mike