Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yodsaenklai and Buakaw have show fight in Bangla stadium

Yodsaenklai Fairtex (winner of Contender Asia) and Buakaw Por Pramuk will fight (for show) in the New Bangla Stadium on May 29, 2009. Tuk's former boss, camp owner and promoter in Bangkok is organizing the event. Rawai Muay Thai students will be represented in the program. After the last fight, both Yodsaenklai and Buakaw will give a 1-hour Muay Thai class! More details coming soon!

Re: Yodsaenklai and Buakaw have show fight in Bangla stadium

http://fightingfarang.com/?p=500

James
http://fightingfarang.com/?p=500

+1

BTW...NEPAL???

Buakaw is forbidden to fight Muay Thai in Thailand, why? His K-1 contract with Japanese promoters forbids it. So the Thai promoters should make this clear in the programs/flyers that he is only going to be doing an exhibition. Then people know what they're getting when they buy the ticket.

I assume Buakaw has a contract somewhere which prohibits him from fighting in Phuket as him and Namsak Noi didn't wear gloves for their exhibition.

I guess his manager didn't want anyone to see photos of the fight and think it was a real fight? I cant see any other reason why they would have their hands wrapped but not wear gloves.

Buakaw is scheduled to be fighting JWP in a Muay Thai fight soon, so his contract with K1 obviously isnt that exclusive.

'the Thai promoters should make this clear in the programs/flyers that he is only going to be doing an exhibition.'

Agreed. Bet they don't.

My thais not that great but they were talking about this during the muay thai on channel 7 just now, I think it is going to be televised.

I got that wrong, its not being televised but there is going to be a major fight between fighters from Bangkok on the card, apparently the yod-buakaw thing is not 100% confirmed.

I hope this does happen would love to see it even if it is a show fight would rather see this in K1 Max and a real fight.

Tuk explained to me that Yodsenklai's boss in Fairtex and Bua Kaw's boss in Por Pramuk don't get along so they refused to let these two young boxers get in the ring together. It was nevertheless a fun night for all. Yodsenklai gave a demonstration early in the evening, before I arrived, so no pictures, sorry. But Namsak Noi and Buakaw performed later and will post the video in You Tube shortly.

Diana Namsak Noi Bua Kaw Por Pramuk Tuk Rawai

man ...if the two owners dont like each other the they really should let their boys fight...IMO they'r just being idiots and denying fans a potentially great fight.

I agree completely! But in boxing, it's much like the rest of the world: politics and pride get involved. It's too bad. Boxers have to do as they're told. There is no free agency in boxing. If you don't belong to a gym you don't get any fight. Once you belong to a gym, half of your earnings go to the gym. The promoters and gym owners control who you fight, when you fight, pretty much everything. It's the side of boxing that I don't like and that could be improved if there was the will by the higher ups.

you are right indeed...but at the level that buakaw and yod are they could get into pretty much every camp they want...

but i believe that they dont complain about their current situation, otherwhise they would've changed by now(unless they are chained for life with a contract )

Would of been a good fight a few years ago before Yod bulked up, Yod is much bigger now and the size difference would make it a very one sided fight.