Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chantal Vs Lindsey .. The rematch

Lindsey & chantal will rematch @ Patong Stadium on 18th May ..

Lindsey has been training hard & is looking stronger than ever, she has cut weight to under 75kg so this time their can be No bitching from Tiger Muaythai about any weight difference..

My moneys on Lindsey to take the decision away from the judges & KO Chantal.
It will be a sweet sound to hear Lindsey named as the undisputed Winner by way of Knock OUT .

Harlee will also be fighting @ Patong Stadium on the 18th

See previous fights for Harlee & Lindsey

Re: Chantal Vs Lindsey .. The rematch

Damn it a couple of days before i get there aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Box your socks of Lindsey she has no hands uppercuts will work a treat.

Why would Chantal give Lindsey a rematch?

Just doesn't make sense. How did Lindsey earn a rematch?

Tiger has another girl, Claire Haigh who is a beast.

She is the top female fighter on the island.

Word from Promoter was Lindsey can't make weight and so the fight will be canceled ?

I agree, Claire is one of the best fighters around and will be getting her shot soon.

The match is on for 18 May 2009. There will not be a weigh in. In boxing it is common to have rematches, especially when the previous fight is a close one.

I was standing next to promoter yesterday when he said Lindsey could not make weight and heard they were looking for Thai fighter for Chantal.

I have to agree. Lindsey does not deserve a rematch, especially if she can't make weight. If it was a close fight it was because Lindsey weighed 8+ kg more than Chantal.

Now, she can't make weight again. Lindsey needs to fight someone in her own weight class not smaller women.

I don't consider it a fair fight when the other girl is that much bigger and stronger than her opponent and loses and you call it a close fight. If Lindsey was bigger and lost it seems Chantal was the much better fighter.

still, isent Chantal like 67kg..?
i cant see Lindsey making that weight, she is way to big right now..

Give Lindsey 4-5month to do a diet then maby the fight will happen under the same weight!

I think you will find Chantal is 75 kg give or take 1kg
Lindsey is 75 - 77kg , give or take a kg
close enough to make a good rematch

hey just saw the training vid of lindsey training hope she is training hard looks il it just a note tho why is she clinching with girls that are half her size n that she is throwing around the ring? get her in with the lads clinching for a better workout instead of her always having a size n power over there training partners jmo

Lindsey grapples with Tuk, who is stronger than her, and she gets a good work out. In other days she grapples with other teachers.

Hey everyone
I just want to say i have never said one negative thing about Chantelle or any other fighter in this sport and i find it sad that so many people are so quick to judge. I Could not cut from 80 kilo to 72 in time yes this is true 8 kilo in 3 weeks was unrealistic i had lost three in a week and could barley train so i told the promoter it was unrealistic to make 72 in 10 days... It was the promoter who wants me to fight Chantal i will fight whenever asked as the more experience i have the better...
The video you see me clinching with two smaller girls it is beacause they want to fight and Tuk had them tag teaming me along with him all three of them back to back with no break for me for 30 mins. So it was for there benifit not mine. I do grapple with the traininers GUYS and tuk alot when i am being challanged closer to my fight date.
I wish people would stop writing negative comments i have respect for all in this sport and am just here to learn and do what i love...

Almost everyone that goes to thailand fight thai's smaller then them (from tiger and rawai)...we've seen chantelles fights too and ya are you seriously going to tell me her opponents are the same weight? Ha laughable! All you that have fought there probably have so I dont know why your talking sh@t! Linz dont listen to them...we are all proud of you :) you have come so far. Dont fight steak P then...she isnt even a good winner lol ridiculous. There is no respect there. You are there because you love muay thai, thailand and getting more and more in shape. Dont let anyone get you down with stupid a$$ comments. Keep working hard and just find other people to fight
We looooovvvveee you! Big a$$ party when you come home baby
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Everyone in Vic and Van
Almost everyone that goes to thailand fight thai's smaller then them (from tiger and rawai)...we've seen chantelles fights too and ya are you seriously going to tell me her opponents are the same weight? Ha laughable! All you that have fought there probably have so I dont know why your talking sh@t! Linz dont listen to them...we are all proud of you :) you have come so far. Dont fight steak P then...she isnt even a good winner lol ridiculous. There is no respect there. You are there because you love muay thai, thailand and getting more and more in shape. Dont let anyone get you down with stupid a$$ comments. Keep working hard and just find other people to fight
We looooovvvveee you! Big a$$ party when you come home baby
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

whazzup with steak P?
i've heard that from a lot of people but still dont know what it means...

shed some light plz

I've grappled with Lindsey before. I'm bigger than her and she still tosses me around like a rag doll. Girl is STRONG! You may have seen her grappling with smaller girls in order to train them, as she often helps out around the gym.

The Patong Stadium promoter just stopped by the gym today and told Tuk that the Chantal-Lindsey match is canceled. He was upset about this, since the fliers have already been printed and the fight promoted. Anyways, looks like Lindsey is on again to fight Karly on June 1st, 2009.

I would just like to say what a great fight Martin from USA had last night. Diania- could you please tell martin he is looking very fit and fighting strong. i cant wait to see him fight again.
love,
Ali B Gerry

i didnt mean it as a bad comment i was simply going off wot i saw in the video n stated that it would benefit you to clinch with the lads to match your power n get a better work out witch it would?
chok dee

Chantal weighed in today on beam scale at 68 kg preparing for her European Title fight on May 23. She has a WMC world title shot the following month. Lindsey needs to make weight to have a FAIR fight with Chantal.
I'm sure people would like to see it including both camps, but not with Lindsey at 78 KG and Chantal at 67-68.

I think you are full of SHIT james..
Chantal pulled out of a title fight against Karley from WMC Koh Saumi camp because she couldn't make weight at 72kg . this was less than 10 days ago, now you saying she is now under 72. you full of shit

i dont know shit about chantal or her current weight...but 4K in 10 days is more than easy to cut

Chantal was scheduled to fight Lindsey, not Carly. 10 days before the fight, Lindsey said she could not make weight. Chantal flies to Italy for professional Organization fight with weigh-in at 67 kg next week.
Seems somebody else Ed is full of shiiiiit.

No james , the first match up was Chantal Vs Karley at Patong stadium for a title fight.

Chantal couldn't make weight at 72kg so the fight was called off. Chantal Vs Lindsey was the fill in fight with NO set weight. Lindsey is currently 75kg .
Do your home work !

Here is my question...

They just fought a month ago. What has Lindsey done to earn a rematch?

Chantal has a scheduled fight in Italy, and another fight in Australia. Why give Lindsey another fight now?

...wouldn't it make more sense to wait 6 months before having them rematch?

*I'm sure the promoters want this fight. Two top ticket sellers, fighting each other during low season...that is a no-brainer.

I'd like to see Namwon Vs. Claire Haigh.

In reading this thread the tone and words trouble me... everyone please refrain from using bad words and nasty tones or I will delete your posts!

I would like to see Jonny Tiger MT Vs Steen Rawai MT.
Jonny has had a little more experience in the ring but I think it would be a good match to see these two fight.

I agree, if they near same weight,could be a good fight, but Jonny has not trained for 2 months and still out because of shoulder injury. Jonny is a game fighter and wants to try and fight again when healed.He trains with Chantal and the rest of us when healthy. Maybe if Steen is still around, but Jonny is not even training at this point and he LIVES Muay Thai and dying to get back in ring.

Ed,
I think you have never seen Chantal....
First of all Chantal was never 75 kg. in her life...
She is an ex-model and actress, I have seen her movies and her portfolio, and her weight always varies from 61 to 67 kg....

So I think you havent done your homework...

Second... Chantal fought Carly at the King's cup on December 2008 for a World title fight and won on points.
So why would Chantal fight Carly again.. its not even allowed from the WPMF board...

The only fight that was EVER scheduled was Chantal agaist Lindsay.

Lindsay had to go down from 80 kg. to 72 kg. and Chantal go up from 67 to somewhere between 69 kg and 72 kg.
Promoter wanted to set another title fight for Chantal and since this was the only weight class available he tried to match up Chantal and Lindsay...

So before talking you should really do your homework....

lol @ Andrew ... so weird !

Lindsey is fighting Karley on the june 1st.