Phuket, Thailand

Training in the tropics

Living the dream

Rawai Muaythai Camp
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dannys on holidays AGAIN !

Danny Avison (Internet manager @ Rawai Muaythai Camp) is moving on...
Everything is explained in the Video below

Re: Dannys on holidays AGAIN !

Sad times Danny, your a part of what makes Rawai so good, best of luck in whatever it is your doing next

good luck to you danny!
any plans where to go already???

Best wishes to you for whatever you move on to.

Who will be filling your roll at Rawai?

danny sad to hear that you are leaving the gym. Rawai will not seem the same without you there . you were that go to guy when someone needed help with something. your maintenence of the website and keeping it up to date is a main reason i belive that rawai muay thai has been able to expand and grow into the gym it is today. since i started pestering you with emails in 2004 about the camp and training and having a room availiable you gave peace of mind knowing that when i got there everthing would be taken care of .and its been that way for 4 years and 4 awesome trips. I feel a little sad for the future guest of rawai that they will not get to know you the man who made the camp what it is . well danny best of luck in the future hope you have fun in whatever adventure you find yourself in keep living the dream brother

your friend
preston (aka) pee!!!!!

Danny,
I have tears in my eyes. I am really devistated by this news. I was really looking forward to seeing you in August.
The gym will not be the same without you there, from what I see, you are the glue to that place and your the reason why so many farangs come to this gym.
I dont know what else to say.

I will be filling in as the new internet manager at Rawai. It will be hard to follow in Danny's footsteps since he has done such an amazing job here. So please bear with me.

Danny, good luck with your new endeavors and we'll miss you.

hey danny chok dee for the future hope everything works out for you

What a shock, Danny as it has been said many times by many people you were the reason why so many people chose to stay at Rawai for the first time and the reason why so many came back.

Your input and information on the forum was invaluable and kept all of us who wish we were back in Rawai up to date with the news and the videos will be surley missed.

I am sure that the descison was 1 of the hardest you have made as i know that you put everything into that job. I hope that your new adventure will also bring many years of happiness, whatever it may be.

I am sure that i am not the only 1 that would like to keep in touch with you, so if and when you feel ready get your self on 1 of those social network sites so we can keep in touch.

Remember if it all gets too much just go get a BIG MOTORBIKE and ride hard and free.

I am sure that all those at the gym will continue in making sure that it is the number 1 choice for all students who wish to come to thailand to live the dream.

Good luck my friend

Hey Danny,

Neelam told me the news this morning..Everyone who has posted is right, you were a great manager and the reason that so may people have come to know of RMT.

Ive always admired you for living the dream, and once again you have given up on "safety" to pursue other adventures..goodluck with everything in the future..chok dee..

Ps thanks for all your help these past years, i was just thinking we have been in contact from 2005..and youve helped out myself, my brother, my girlfriend, her sister and her husband with info over the years..

Regards,

Deepak and Neelam

Danny, you worked hard over the past years and you created an amazing GYM, I will miss the excellent customer service you give, in my hour of need you were the one person I know I could count on.

You have my respect man, you lived the dream, you lived the good life Danny.

I wish you good fortune in your next venture

wow im shocked danny's leaving !!! u are the main attraction there.......shit im gonna miss those sessions we had in your room (cough cough its getting hazy)..........any plans on coming back ?

hey thats me with yod and nopparet !

It seems that there is a lot of interest and questions regarding Danny's leaving the gym. So let me put the record straight. First of all Rawai Muay Thai was started by a partnership between Tuk and Danny. They opened the gym on November 3, 2003 (not 8 years ago, like it states in Danny's video). Many people think that this gym was all Danny's work... but that's just not the case.

Tuk managed the staff and the fights and the operation of the gym while Danny created and maintained the website and also gave great customer service. I helped out wherever I could, with emails and customers and the running of the gym as well. It was a good partnership, that has now come to an end.

Yes, there were disagreements between Tuk and Danny, as can happen between business partners, but Danny chose to leave and I think he is already happier with the new arrangement. Danny decided to move on. He was no longer happy at the camp and when given the option to sell his share, he took it.

I, Diana Campillo, Tuk's wife, have taken over as the new internet manager and customer service person. I will be maintaining the website and keeping people posted on the news at the gym and around Rawai. Tuk will continue to do the his job which is one reason why the training and atmosphere at the camp is so special. Danny will not be far, as he is staying at Goong's and our students will still be welcome there.

Let's hope we can continue to serve our guests well, with excellent training and helping to be a part of there fun time in Thailand.

Diana Campillo
New Internet Manager

We would like to wish Danny all the best and hope he will be happy..
Diana have fun with your new role and maybe see you in December.

so danny was just like IT support? haha everyone makes him sound like a god!!

Well put Diana, what ever went on between Danny and Tuk has nothing to do with us and should not be speculated on. These things happen in every walk of life, people change, perspectives differ as we get older etc. The camp will survive, I wish them all well and look forward to the day I can get my fat ass back there.
Diana best of luck your gonna do just fine

Be interesting to know what ur gonna do next though Danny, where's part II of living the dream gonna be?

joey
so danny was just like IT support? haha everyone makes him sound like a god!!

Joey dont be an ass, read Dianas' post.

ohhhh my dany
i feel so good he gone because he full of busith
and i wish you goodluch

Any emails that use bad words or mean language will be deleted, sorry.

@mehana:

why do you write that you come from england/canada when in fact you come from Enkhuizen/Netherlands???

Hi Diana, I hope you are well and the gym is still ticking over. I visited the gym in October 2003 and it was already up and running so I think it opened a bit earlier than your post (maybe only a wee bit earlier)? I met you on that trip, I am Dannys cousin, you may or may not remember me but I used to visit Danny on all my trips to Phuket. Anyway small details aside I hope all goes well with the gym in the future as im sure Danny does as well. All the best, Jason.

In October 2003 we were painting, getting the ring ready, buying furniture for the rooms, etc but we officially opened on November 3, 2003. So this November will be our 6th anniversary!

so what is danny doing now?
im guessing he took a holiday to chill out for a while but what is he doing now?

opening a new gym?
starting a new website?
going home?
staying in thailand?
the people want to know!

just google his name or ask him directly via e-mail...his plan looks good to me and i wish him all the best!

When does the new gym open up?

is there a website for the gym yet?

Quan

as i said before...google his name->go to his website and you will see

oh well here you go:
http://www.dannyavison.com/

why is it so hard to google shit?

why is it so hard for you to just tell us what hes doing if you know.
i didnt know that there was a new website so thats why i asked here.

jeez

Rob
Quan

oh well here you go:

Rob don't be a fag. I googled his name, and went to his website. I hope "dannyavision.com" isn't the new Muay Thai gym's website. It also doesn't say an anticipated opening date.

I am coming to phuket next month and have been trying to read up on all the gyms on the island.

The gym is not constructed yet but Danny's working on the website:

http://www.thailandmuaythai.com/

Quan
Rob
Quan

oh well here you go:

Rob don't be a fag. I googled his name, and went to his website. I hope "dannyavision.com" isn't the new Muay Thai gym's website. It also doesn't say an anticipated opening date.

I am coming to phuket next month and have been trying to read up on all the gyms on the island.

dont be rude just cause you cant read whats on his website...there is a section on his homepage named "my business @ phuket" which directs you to his gym's homepage!!!
i found it out that way myself so why cant you?

goddammit why do you think that i didnt post his new gym's website on rawai muay thai's forum???

thats very nice of you diana.. you seem like a nice person and by doing that you have just cemented another tick in my book.

As for Dannys gym, its scheduled release date is September 1.
Its called Promthep Muay Thai, its 3kms from Rawai which means there will hoefully be some healthy competition for farangs when wanting to fight.

Rob was doing the right thing by not postijng on here as it may come across dis respectful.