Return to Website

BigBands & BigNames

Welcome to the BigBandsandBigNames Message Board. The object of these discussions is to provide folks with an easy way to learn about and discuss big band music and related topics with others over the Internet. Post announcements, ask questions or respond to existing postings. Make sure to type in a descriptive title for your entry in the "Subject" box. Enjoy!

BigBands & BigNames
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ballroom Dance Team of Diana & Carroll (my father): searching for info

I'm searching for info about the internationally known (American) ballroom dance team of Diana & Carroll. My father was Carroll Webster of that team; he died in 1960 when I was a young child. Unfortunately, he never told my mother much about his show-business years, except that he started out in the dance marathons with Tony Martin, Red Buttons and Red Skelton, and later danced professionally with Diana until so many famous nightclubs closed soon after WWII. My mother used to have newspaper clippings of several of the Diana & Carroll performances, at least one of which was at the Copa, but she somehow lost them in a household move. We still have an album of professional studio photos of Diana & Carroll, most of which were taken by Bruno of Hollywood NYC and Bloom of Chicago. They are not enough, though. I'm searching for nightclub performers who knew my father; information about him, about those photo studios of the time, about where and when Diana & Carroll performed, and anything else helpful. I'm trying to establish a factual timeline of his life in show business in the 1930s and 1940s and will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thank you so much.