Return to Website

BigBands & BigNames

Welcome to the BigBandsandBigNames Message Board. The object of these discussions is to provide folks with an easy way to learn about and discuss big band music and related topics with others over the Internet. Post announcements, ask questions or respond to existing postings. Make sure to type in a descriptive title for your entry in the "Subject" box. Enjoy!

BigBands & BigNames
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Axidentals

I have acquired a sheet of autographs that contains the signatures of Johnny Mathis; Ella Fitzgerald; The Kingston Trio, Dave guard, Bob Shane, Nick Reynolds among others. This sheet also contains an autograph as follows: "To Francis Its always a pleasure to come home and sing. Signed, Sandy Rogers "The Axidentals" and it is also signed below her signature by a Milt Chapman and also by Robert Sumners.

I do not yet know the venue nor date of the autographs, but I am researching to see if I can find out when and where it was done. One of the autographs refers to "Merry Christmas" so I assume that it was somewhre near Christmas but I do not know what year. I'm guessing it must have been in the late 50s.

I can scan the Axidentals autographs and e-mail to you if you'd like. If you can help me date this document, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard King
Nashville, Tennessee

Re: Re: The Axidentals

Dear Mr. King,
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I am so happy to hear about your Axidentals autographs, and would love to have a scanned copy.

As to the "Merry Christmas", I believe that it probably referred to 1955(? - I'll check)when they were in New York playing at the Copa, and I have copies of telegrams from some stars and their record label congratulating them. I'd be happy to dig them out and send you copies, if you'd like, and/or research the matter further.

How did you find my inquiry/what is your interest, etc.?, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you so very much for contacting me. It will mean so much to my father and the book I am writing.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Rick Sumners