Return to Website

BigBands & BigNames

Welcome to the BigBandsandBigNames Message Board. The object of these discussions is to provide folks with an easy way to learn about and discuss big band music and related topics with others over the Internet. Post announcements, ask questions or respond to existing postings. Make sure to type in a descriptive title for your entry in the "Subject" box. Enjoy!

BigBands & BigNames
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tony Alamo and Sammy Kaye

I'm doing some research on Tony Alamo--not the infamous record promoter turned cult leader Tony Alamo, but the Tony Alamo who sang with Sammy Kaye's sweet band in the 1940s and 1950s and was featured on some of his major hits. Do any of you know what became of the one-time Kaye vocalist, and where I could find some information on his history? Is he still living, and if not, when and where did he die?

Some people are under the impression that Kaye’s Alamo and the cult leader are the same person, but they’re definitely two different people. The cult leader was born in 1934; Kaye’s Alamo, I would imagine, was born sometime in the 1910s.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Tony Alamo and Sammy Kaye

Tony Alamo who became leader of a christien organisation is the one who sang with Sammy Kaye.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm doing some research on Tony Alamo--not the infamous record promoter turned cult leader Tony Alamo, but the Tony Alamo who sang with Sammy Kaye's sweet band in the 1940s and 1950s and was featured on some of his major hits. Do any of you know what became of the one-time Kaye vocalist, and where I could find some information on his history? Is he still living, and if not, when and where did he die?

Some people are under the impression that Kaye’s Alamo and the cult leader are the same person, but they’re definitely two different people. The cult leader was born in 1934; Kaye’s Alamo, I would imagine, was born sometime in the 1910s.

Thank you for your help.