Return to Website

BigBands & BigNames

Welcome to the BigBandsandBigNames Message Board. The object of these discussions is to provide folks with an easy way to learn about and discuss big band music and related topics with others over the Internet. Post announcements, ask questions or respond to existing postings. Make sure to type in a descriptive title for your entry in the "Subject" box. Enjoy!

BigBands & BigNames
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
singer w/ charts for Kurt Weill music available

Hello! I was the singer with the famed WDR Big Band in Germany for Kurt Weill's centenary in 2000. I now have new management and am seeking opportunities to perform these charts again, possibly record them with a European Big Band. The arrangements are by jazz legend Roger Kellaway, they are for 27 peices: 5 saxes (with lots of doubles), 5 trumpets, 3 trombones, bass trombone/tuba, 2 oboes, 2 celli, accordian, piano, 2 guitars, acoustic bass, drums, percussion. The 10 songs are from both Weill's German and American songbooks, and all are sung in English. The arrangements are very true to Weill's original arrangements, and they are simply breathtaking. A demo CD and video of excerpts from the concert in Germany are available, all inquirys are welcome. I have a Broadway background, and am starting to do concert work. Please visit my site at www.annekerryford.com Thank you!