Grant Boddington's World of Hypnosis Forum

I invite all visitors to Grant Boddington's World of Hypnosis to submit questions, answers or comments pertaining to Hypnosis. As I (Grant) receive an email whenever there is a new posting, I'll answer many of the questions myself, but anyone should feel free to offer solutions or comments to any submission to this forum. ENJOY!

Grant Boddington's World of Hypnosis Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is hypnosis success and suggestion recollection related??

I couldn't find the proper phrasing for the question. What I'm asking is, when you emerge from hypnosis, is it required that you remember the content of the suggestions for them to work?

In example (let's just say this is possible for now), if someone were to feed suggestions to the subconscious mind, then bring on amnesia SO STRONG that the subject actually FORGOT they had been hypnotized, would the subconscious still respond to the triggers?

Say a hypnotist said "when you hear the word 'jump', you will have an uncontrollable urge to vomit. When I count backwards from 10, you will fall out of hypnosis and have no recollection of the given suggestion" (again, assuming this is actually doable).

Now the subject has no recollection that he/she was hypnostized. If presented with the word "jump", would the subject feel ill for reasons unbeknownst to them? Or is it crucial that a subject knows the content of the suggestion for it to effect them?

I know nothing about hypnosis.