In The Spirit Of Things

Welcome to In The Spirit Of Things message board. 

Spiritual travelers are encouraged to share messages of love, hope, healing and inspiration.

This is not a board to promote your services or business.

Please be courteous and considerate in all of your posts.   

In The Spirit Of Things
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Positive Energy

Thank you Jeanette for the great advice and encouragement!!
I know I've had my days where negative thoughts can get the best of me...boy can it be difficult to always think positively. But positive always feels better than negative.
Does anyone have any suggestions about helping someone that is extremely negative to try and look at
todays world with abit of sunshine?

Have a great angel surrounded day!!

Hi Judy,

Thanks so much for posting!

Regarding a negative person.....sometimes there's not much you can do to alter another's perception. He or she must be the one willing to see the love, hope and joy that are with us everyday. They must enlarge their field of vision and be willing to see things in a different way.....to try and see the wide screen version of life rather than viewing it through a little peep hole.

I mentioned before that positive thought is a self-fulfilling prophecy....well, so is negativity. It's like a big dark pit that keeps getting deeper and darker, until you can't see the light anymore. People can choose light, or the dark in all things. But the major factor is.....they need to choose!!!!

Some people thrive on negativity. They get a payoff from bringing other people down. They enjoy pointing out what's wrong instead of what is right.....bad instead of good.....and once you are caught in that spinning vortex, it's very hard to extricate yourself from it.

They especially love to have people join in with agreement......"I knew I was right all along...look how many people think just like me....why it must be even worse than I thought!" The gripe party grows.

After you've exhausted all options to try to show another a new approach or way of thinking, sometimes it's in your own best interest to put some distance between yourselves. Now this can be especially difficult if you are sharing a space with a negative person and moving out or quitting your job isn't a logical choice.

If you can't leave the area and the conversation turns once again to griping and complaining about "how bad" it all is......regardless of what "it" is..........change the subject. The less interest and attention you give to the complainer, the more likely that he/she will try to find someone else who is willing to listen.

You can always use the very appropriate excuse, "I'm sorry, I can't talk now...I have a lot of work to do." People understnd the concept of "work" and this is usually effective in most situations. And then.....get busy!

We would love to hear others' suggestions on how they deal with negative people. Please post! It is so appreciated.

Angel Blessings,
Jeanette

Hello Jeanette,

I'm Judy's sister 8=). Thank you for the positive engery. I too pray each morning before I place my feet on the ground. This is my prayer:

Father, I'm excited about today. This is a day You have made; I'm giong to rejoice and be glad in it. God, I know you reward those who seek You, so I thank You in advance for Your blessings, favor, my family and friends, my health, my job, and victory in my life today!

I recently purchased Doreen Virtue's Daily Guidance from your Angels oracle cards (thanks to my wonderful, spiritual friend Jeannie). I pull a card each morning to see what my angels have to say. I love it!

Thanks Jeanette, I wish you the best of luck with this forum. GOD bless US ALL! Love, Debbie

Hi Debbie,
Thank you so much for the wonderful post and for sharing your personal and very uplifting prayer with all of us. It is so important to remember to be grateful for the abundance of gifts we receive each and every day.

Those are beautiful Angel cards. Before you pull one each morning, quiet yourself and ask the angels to give you a card that is exactly what you need for the day. Sometimes it won't make immediate sense, but as you reflect upon your experiences at the end of each day, you'll find that the guidance was "right on"!

Keep posting, Debbie! We love to hear from you.

Angel Blessings,
Jeanette

Hello everyone! Thanks Jeanette for replying. I do have to admit, I LOVE those cards. It's so funny if I forget later in the morning that I have not pulled a card, I jump out of my seat and get the box and pull my card. They have all made sense to me. Today's card is Fresh Air.....Spend time outside today, as near to Mother Nature's cradle as possible. Now, isn't that appropriate for Spring? You better believe I'm going to bond with the earth today!

Have a blessed Friday and weekend. Love, Debbie

Debbie.....I love your posts! Thank you!