TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
christmas

so many christians like christmas. some do not because they say it comes from a pagen thing. well Iam christian and will celebrete my birth of the savior. some verses you taken out of order. first jesus was king when he was born. if he was not when he was born then how can he forgive sins from the jews later on. he is the king who is in charge. in the bible it says when jesus said I am he then 600 soldiers fell down. how can he do that if he would not be king. and jeus is God and his kingdom is not of this word that one other thing this place forget. where does it say jesus is God. revelation 1:8 1 timothy 3:16 john 1:1 1 cor 1:15-20 isaiah 9:6. you see when it means a king is born I beleive it was talking about the kingdom that is not here yet on earth. jesus even said as it is in heaven it will be also like on earth. jesus will vring his kingdom down. there 2 two kingdoms satan and God. jesus is God and he his kingdom just as much satan has his. and bible says God judge why we do things. so on christmas if you have it for pagans they you will face God wrath judgement. but if you have it on a other reason like jesus. and jesus is not pagen then you are fine. keep the bible in context please

Christ-Mess

Dear Travis,

I assume you know that Jesus was not born on december 25. The flocks were in the fields when the shepherds were told of the birth of the Messiah. They do not sit outside at night with their flocks in the dead of winter.

Aside from that, no righteous man celebrated his birthday. Look it up for yourself. Only Pharaoh and Herod did so.

The word of God says that no lie is of the truth. Christ-mess is not of the truth.

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: christmas

Hi Travis,

It's hard to understand what you mean by " keep the bible in context". Don't know if you are speaking of someone's posts or just everyone in general on this forum.

Now you said:
.......and bible says God judge why we do things. so on christmas if you have it for pagans they you will face God wrath judgement. but if you have it on a other reason like jesus. and jesus is not pagen then you are fine. keep the bible in context please

Well Travis, In Jerimiah 10, Father is talking about not wanting us to use the same ways of worship that the Pagans use.
Jer 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jer 10:5 They [are] upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also [is it] in them to do good.

I'm afraid that we don't get to choose how we worship Father! He gives us instruction in his word on how to worship him & that's the only way we can do his will. If you celebrate the birth of Nimrod & say, well I am celebrating this as the birth of Messiah you are doing exactly what Father says not to do! And of course Messiah feels the same way.........Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Travis, I stumbled around for many years not studying for myself & letting the preachers tell me what to believe. I didn't understand that when the Bible says that the whole world will be decieved by Satan, if really mean't the WHOLE WORLD. That includes preachers. Satan has ALL the Churches out there preaching some deception. Some of them are teaching ALL DECEPTION. This is why the Bible tells us to PROVE ALL THINGS! We only do this by deep study & being willing to question many of the things we have been taught since childhood, in our Churches.

I too Loved Christmas! It was one of the most difficult truths for me to except, that is was just a pagan day of celebration of the birth of the SUN. Just a day that was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church to bring the pagans into Church. It took me several years to drop all the traditions, but now my Grandchildren understand that Santa doesn't come to Granny & Papa's house. There is no tree & we bring out the Manger scene now at Feast of Tabernacles time.

Hope you can understand that we on this forum are also as you would say Christians. We just try for the most part to follow what Father's word says & not what we think He meant. May Father's blessings be with you & yours!

Shabbot Shalom!
seeker

P.S.:Where is the Scripture you refered to ,which says that when Christ said "I am He" that 600 soldiers fell down?

Email: leroy4@bellsouth.net

Well Said

Too bad that Travis has not replied in defence of his position. Perhaps the Holy Spirit would convict him of his error.

I like what you said about bringing your manger scene out on the Feast of Tabernacles. Have you read Zechariah 14? It is so clear that we will keep the Feast of Tabernacles in the Millennial Kingdom.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

We will NOT be celebrating x-mas in the kingdom.

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG