TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Which Bible is the right Bible?

My computer bible program has Wycliffe's translation from the 1380's. It is the oldest complete English translation. I offer a sample below with the KJV inserted as a comparison.

Tit 1:1
¶ Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (KJV)
¶ Poul, the seruaunt of God, and apostle of Jhesu Crist, bi the feith of the chosun of God, and bi the knowing of the treuthe, (Wyc)
Tit 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; (KJV)
whiche is aftir pitee, in to the hope of euerlastinge lijf, which lijf God that lieth not, bihiyte bifore tymes of the world; (Wyc)
Tit 1:3
But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (KJV)
but he hath schewid in hise tymes his word in preching, that is bitakun to me bi the comaundement of `God oure sauyour, (Wyc)

That was only a sample but it shows the difficulty of reading an outdated language. Also the translation really isn't that good. Older does not mean better or more accurate. Now the new age bibles are based on the "oldest manuscripts" but they are manuscripts like one found in a monk's garbadge can. They are corrupt. The KJV is based on the Textus Receptus (the good Greek version)and with the assistance of a good concordance like Englishmans or even Strong's you can prove all things when searching the scriptures like a Berean.

I agree that you should have a version you can understand .... for me it is the KJV. But I will use other versions at times for an easier reading but never for establishing doctrine! For that use the KJV or Interlinear and a concordance to take you back to the original languages -reading in context - for the best understanding.

Email: totw@truthontheweb.org

Re: Which Bible is the right Bible?

That really is old language. I can read it but it slows things down a bit. I do like the regular KJV, the one I have I was given in '52 and it is taped and glued and whole chapters tend to fall out if I'm not careful. But its been all over the country with me and seen lots of good use.
I mainly want the older version that has God's name as "Eloah". I had one years ago but a friend "borrowed" it and I never saw it again.
I think it is because the warfare between the Arabs and Semites disturbes me. "Eloah" is pronounced the same as "Allah", indicating our religious roots were the same, that we are brother people. Their religion was corrupted but Christianity was too for centuries. The only difference is God gave us prophets and guidance to help us along the way that He didn't give to the Arabs. That is not their fault, it is just that Isaac was the promised son, not Ishmael.
I live in Colorado and in summer I drive up to the old towns in the mountains and find all kinds of old stuff there; one of these days, I'll find that Bible. A

Email: Besq@ispwest.com

Re: Which Bible is the right Bible?

I should correct that. It should be "Ishaelites" and "Isaacites", not Arabs and Semites. Arabs are Semites. A

Email: Besq@ispwest.com

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG