- A Bravenet.com Forum
TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Also...

I didn't mean to come across as someone who has something against sex. I am part flesh and my flesh enjoys sexual pleasure, but my flesh does not desire to serve God. My spirit does. (Romans 7:14-25) There is nothing wrong with practicing celibacy. There is nothing wrong with denying the flesh until marriage. There is nothing wrong with spending the majority of your time strenthening your spirit and concentrating on becoming a holy person who serves God. God instructs us to do so.

I don't have a problem believing in God who teaches that spiritual happiness/holiness is better than sexual happiness. Why is a god, who wants you to strengthen the part of you that communicates with him, so wrong. People act like if they wait til marriage they aren't going to have time to make up for the years they didn't have sex. Instead they should be thinking I have spent my life till now totally dedicated to God, now I get to also serve my spouse. (1 Corinthians 32-35)

I don't agree with those who say sex is nasty or a regrettable neccessity. God doesn't want us to feel this way and he doesn't say we should feel this way in his Word. His word instructs married couples "Do not deprive one another.. so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self control" (1 Corinthians 7:5)

Sex is not an expression of love, it is of passion and desire, even between a loving and faithful husband and wife. God knows this, that's how he made it. The Bible talks about controling your passion and desire, not your love. It doesn't say "better to marry than to burn with love" It says passion. You disagree as if passion is a bad thing, as if its not a apart of God's plan for a husband and wife to be able to express passion for each other.

Much of what you have said is true and fine. But you contradict yourself often. It's like you have forgotten what you've said mid sentence. You say "Within a marriage" and then "gay partners". To God these are not the same thing. You say "God's greatest gift", naming the creator of this gift and then you mention "gay sex" (ie, penis to anus, ***** to vagina, etc) which is the artifact of man's imaginations. To God these are not the same thing. Might I add that pre-maritalsex, HIV, and STD's, etc are also products of man's actions against God. If people had done things right, the way my Father wills, none of these horrible things would exist.

People act like God is dumb. He is our great protector. He has given us instruction to protect us from ****ation. When he instructed people not to do sexually immoral/perverted things, this was to prevent spread of diseases and confusion. But people wanted to be smarter than God, it's okay to do this, no one will get hurt, what's the big deal. Now look at us. We could easily stop the madness, by following God's advice, but NO! we have to try to out smart God and figure out a way around his Word.

"People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, arrogant, abusive, diobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, inhuman, implacable, slanderers, profligates, brutes, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lover of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power... these people, of corrupt(reprobate) mind and counterfeit faith, also oppose the truth. But they will not make much progress, because .. their folly will become plain to everyone...they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own desires and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander away to myths." (2 Timothy 3:2-9;4:3-4) Are you satisfied being a slave to a system for the dead?

If your argument is that scripture is wrong and is mistaken in the way it depicts God, remember, the scripture is the only source I use to understand him.

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG