- A Bravenet.com Forum
TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sophistries

Look Laurie,

The kingdom of God is not found in debate. Either repent and believe the gospel or follow your own ways and ideas and perish. The choice is yours.

Email: TruthOnWeb@aol.com

That sounds like...

I have lost the argument?

Instead of answering the points I make, you say that you cannot or will not discuss. But you ONLY say this AFTER you HAVE ALREADY argued with me for a few posts and then found yourself in a tight corner?

Best wishes

Laurie

Email: mgt.harris@btinternet.com

Re: That sounds like...

Laurie, you have posted on my board for quite along time ... and never ... I repeat NEVER have I felt YOU or your blasphemous doctrine 'back me into a corner'. I consider time spent answering you to be casting pearl to swine and therefore I keep it brief and only interject when the spirit so moves me. Those exceptions in which I do post are usually for the benefits of others on the board that may be lurking so they know and can tell from whence you come.

I repeat myself: The kingdom of God cannot be found by debate. It manifests itself in changed lives and unshakeable faith. Oh, there are tares which look like wheat growing alongside the good plant -pretending to be Christian ... but as Jesus said "By their fruits you will know them."

Don't you have somthing better to do with your time? Or does the devil have you in his grips and commands you to attack the true faith? Just why DO you spend so much time here?

Email: TruthOnWeb@aol.com

Fair point and answer

Yes my last point was a cheap shot. It is kind of you to talk to an old reprobate like me.

I just meant that there seems to be two alternatives - discuss with me OR say I have a carnal and mind so there is no point. But to discuss and then stop saying 'there is no point' just when things are getting interesting...

As to my motivation I believe I have answered this below.

Laurie

Thank You Ken

I do not feel quite so alone now. A long time ago I told this man that I would not respond to him any more. I knew his spirit and it was not one of "questioning", but it was one of intellectual gymnastics.

Good call.

Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Thank You Ken

Ron you may think you know a lot about the Bible. You may think you know the mind of God. You may think you know who is going to Hell. You obviously think you know a lot of things!

However you have a confounded cheek to come on the internet and proclaim that you know my motivation. Not even you knows the inside of my mind and I'll trouble you to keep your speculations to ourself please.

However here is a very simple point.

A person can enjoy an interesting discussion AND have a sincere desire for truth.

The first does not exclude the second.

Best wishes

Laurie

PS If I was given to speculating about your motives I would say that you will not discuss with me because you cannot answer my questions!

Re: Re: Thank You Ken

Questioner,
Please don't make the assumption that this guy "Ron" is an example of a true Christian. He is not. He is a poor excuse of a person who has some serious mental problems that he really needs to find professional help for.

True christians do not lie and are definitely not psychic making the claim that they can read minds. They cannot. However, christians do allow their heart to be their primary motivator.

Deist

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG