TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Get it straight Ron!

No, Ron, the Christian God is a God of Love, and it is you with your hate filled posts consigning just about everyone to Hell with ill concealed glee, who deny him.

No doubt God will forgive you because he will know the nature of the personal distress that causes you to be so hate-ridden. But it would be better if you came to terms with yourself before then

Email: mgt.harris@btinternet.com

Blindness

I will show you just how spiritually blind you are, if you don't mind.

You say that I am the one that is condemning the masses, but you again lie. The power of life and death is in the hands of God Almighty.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Can you understand? BROAD is the way and there are MANY on it and they go to DESTRUCTION.

You should not be very concerned with my "hate" as you call it. You should be concerned with the fact that GOD HATES those that hate him. And if you do not obey him, you hate him.

God does not forgive anyone for the "nature of the personal distress" in their souls. He forgives them because they have confessed to the Lord Jesus their sins and they have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb of God.

Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

He forgives them because they have confessed to the Lord Jesus their sins and they have been cleanse

Now, THAT was well-said.

Email: TruthOnWeb@aol.com

Forgiveness - a question?

A question for you Ken about forgiveness.

First a parable:

A son moves away to another country. After a while,his dad being rather elusive in his communications, he come to think that his father is dead. Later he thinks about his early relationship with his father and realises that he had behaved badly and is truly sorry.

In fact his dad is not dead and he knows of his son's repentance. The father, now old, is about to make his will. The question is, 'Does he cut his son out of the will because of his past misdeeds or does he leave him his portion because he has sincerely repented of them?'

Well I think that the answer is the latter. The son is sorry. If he thought his dad was alive he would ask for forgiveness. The only reason he does not is because he thinks is father dead and that is as much his father's fault as his. The only real criteria for forgiveness ought to be sincere repentance.

The application to Christian doctrine is clear. I do not think that the evidence points to a Christian God. Perhaps I am mistaken. [I am always open to argument] Certainly God's existence is not obvious to everyone as there are plenty of 'men of goodwill' who are unsure about it. Nevertheless like any decent person I am sorry for the wrong things I have done, try to make amends and try not to repeat them. If I thought there was a God who was upset by this, I would ask his forgiveness.

My claim is that a good God would accept this.

If your theology says the reverse, it must be mistaken.

Best wishes

Q

Email: mgt.harris@btinternet.com

See What I mean??????

Q says, "I do not think that the evidence points to a Christian God."

After all the questions and all the he was told, he still does not see. That means only one thing. He is not destined to see. He is not called. He is blinded and you can not evangelize away the scales from his eyes.

Ron Harvey

Re: See What I mean??????

Oh, I see ... if a person doesn't accept your logic (no matter how poor it is), then he is not accepted (or elected) by God to be saved. Is that what you are saying? First of all, God desires that all come to Him in repentance and doesn't desire anyone to be lost. So the "election" or the "destination" theory that you prescribe doesn't hold up according to the Scriptures. All this means is that you have done a poor job of evangelizing.

Now, it could be that Questioner needs something else or that he has seen all of the evidence but has not chosen to believe. In that case, that is his perogative. But God still desires for Him to be saved. Don't you go around saying otherwise - because it is plain wrong.

I'm afraid that your attitude has pretty much ruined your chances of ever reaching him. You have lost any kind of positive influence with him. Change your attitude, and you might also change your influence to something that would be positive for Christ.

Just something to think about.

Deist

You Don't See

Dear Diest,

I want you to do the same as I did. Ask Q if he believes that Jesus is the Son of God. The answer he gave me lead me to turn away from him.

Yes, God desires that all come to him. "Desires" does not mean "Compels". Masses and masses WILL be lost, whether you like it or not. Not everyone will be saved. If you think so, then you share the same delusion of a good portion of the churched world.

2Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in THEM THAT PERISH; because they received not the love of the truth, that they MIGHT be saved.
2:11 And for this cause God SHALL send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they ALL MIGHT BE ****ED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I imagine that this scripture has been abolished or twisted by your church. God sends a delusion on the people in order for him to be justified in ****ing the masses...???...You can be sure of it.

Now I get it...the people hate God because I have done a poor job in convincing them that they should love him. OK

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT EXCUSE:
1:21 Because that, when THEY KNEW God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:24 Wherefore God also GAVE THEM UP to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
1:26 For this cause God GAVE THEM UP unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God GAVE THEM OVER to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

When men turn from God, he turns from them.

Ron Harvey

Re: Re: If God is Love

Wow! Now that is being judgmental! Let me guess, you haven't successfully brought anyone to Christ lately using that technique .. huh? Dude, he was just asking some questions. How about trying a new technique instead of condemning him, try answering his questions! Wow, what a concept!

Do you have children? If you do, do you treat them the same way when they ask you a question about Jesus or God? "You liar!" ... wow, that is just unreal!

You are really showing the love of Christ in here - NOT!

Deist

Fear the God of Love

First off...Mr Q. is not sincere in his questioning. I have received personal e-mails from Q where he drops his mask. He is not a christian and he is not seeking guidance on seeking the Lord. He is an intellectualist and his only interest here is...ready for this???...intellectual masterbation.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (of Love).

Neither you nor I can bring anyone to Christ. No man cometh to me but the Father draw him.

No children, thank God. This is the generation when they will say blessed are the paps that never gave suck.

Do you know that the Bible says to avoid foolish questions? Read 2 Tim. 2:23

Re: Fear the God of Love

Ron,
Must you use such crude remarks? "Intellectual Masterbation"? I know the Questioner and his seeking is genuine. He just has some difficult questions for you to answer ... that's all. So instead of accusing him of evil (or your version of it), why not try to address his questions? Jesus did!

Now, about you saying that no one can bring anyone to Christ ... if that is the case, then why even bother evangelizing? If it is impossible for anyone to be successful in bringing anyone to Christ, then why are we commanded to be "soul-winners"? I don't know what Bible you are reading but it certainly isn't the Bible that I nor most everyone else reads.

It probably is good that you don't have children, for the sake of the children. Your non-loving, un-forgiving, accusatory language, and a just plain bad attitude is definitely not fitting for fatherhood. Thank goodness that our Heavenly Father is not like that. Do you even have a wife? Does she believe the same as you do? Do you get along with anyone here? After reading some of the things you post, you seem to have an anti-social problem. Do you really believe the stuff that you post or are you just playing games with us? I'm just curious.

Can I ask you a question? Does your mother know that your gay? .... that kind of a question we are to avoid because it is obvious of the person's intent. However, when a person is asking questions concerning Christ, God, Salvation, etc., then the person is seeking. They may begin to mock, but if you can effectively answer their questions, they will not be able to find anything to mock anymore and would eventually accept.

Make sure that when you quote passages that you keep them in context. Just a helpful hint.

Deist

Whatever...Other questions to avoid

Dear Diest,

Believe what you will. I tried to answer his questions. More questions was the only response. He is an imposter. I wish I had saved the emails he sent to me. He has no interest in Christianity. He does not believe in Jesus. Go ahead and drag him to the Living Water. You will not be able to make him drink. Jesus said "You did not choose me, I chose you".

I did not say that it is impossible to bring someone to Christ. Only him that has been chosen from the begining of the world will be saved. Yes...that's called predestination. I assume you hate it. In fact, when you are preaching to those who are not chosen, you are casting your pearls to swine (especially nowadays). Do you remember the scripture that says it would be better that he had never known the way of righteousness, than to know the truth and turn from the holy commandments.

I beg to differ...I would be a very good father, had I any children.

Had a wife...she divorced me when I got saved and told her that her lesbian, goddess worshipping, pagan friends were not welcome under my roof any more. Throwing out all the evil music, books and the TV probably didn't help either.

You do not know the whole nature of God, it seems. he does hate (the doctrine of the Nicolaitans Rev. 2:15)(and Esau hated before he was born {good example of predestination}), he does refuse forgiveness (Heb. 12:17 where Esau could not get God to forgive him), and God does accuse (called Israel the most rebellious house).

I do not get along with most. The reason is that I do not compromise the Word of God. I believe what I say. I can back it up and defend it against all zeal. I do not play games with anyone about anything. You and I are at the end of this world. There is not time for fun and games. We have no time to waste. Those who refuse to wash their garments and iron out all the wrinkles will be refused entry into the wedding. The door of grace will soon be closed and no one outside the door will be allowed in.

Other questions to avoid:

What church do you go to?
How do you baptize?
Are you pre-trib or post-trib?
Will the pope be the antichrist?
Is there really a Lake of Fire?

Ron Harvey

On Puritanism

But even so, the suggestion that we 'need' the Puritans - we late twentieth-century Westerners, with all our sophistication and mastery of technique in both secular and sacred fields - may prompt some lifting of eyebrows. The belief that the Puritans, even if they were in fact responsible citizens, were comic and pathetic in equal degree, being na ve and superstitious, primitive and gullible, superserious, overscrupulous, majoring in minors, and unable or unwilling to relax, dies hard. What could these zealots give us that we need, it is asked.

The answer, in one word, is maturity. Maturity is a compound of wisdom, goodwill, resilience, and creativity. The Puritans exemplified maturity; we don't. We are spiritual dwarfs. A much-traveled leader, a native American (be it said), has declared that he fins North American Protestantism, man-centered, manipulative, success-oriented, self-indulgent and sentimental, as it blatantly is, to be 3,000 miles wide and half an inch deep. The Puritans, by contrast, as a body were giants. They were great souls serving a great God. In them clear-headed passion and warm-hearted compassion combined. Visionary and practical, idealistic and realistic too, goal-oriented and methodical, they were great believers, great hopers, great doers, and great sufferers. But their sufferings, both sides of the ocean (in old England from the authorities and in New England from the elements), seasoned and ripened them till they gained a stature that was nothing short of heroic. Ease and luxury, such as our affluence brings us today, do not make for maturity; hardship and struggle however do, and the Puritans' battles against the spiritual and climatic wildernesses in which God set them produced a virility of character, undaunted and unsinkable, rising above discouragement and fears, for which the true precedents and models are men like Moses, and Nehemiah, and Peter after Pentecost, and the apostle Paul.

Spiritual warfare made the Puritans what they were. They accepted conflict as their calling, seeing themselves as their Lord's soldier-pilgrims, just as in Bunyan's allegory, and not expecting to be able to advance a single step without opposition of one sort or another. Wrote John Geree, in his tract 'The Character of an Old English Puritane or Noncomformist (1646)': 'His whole life he accounted a warfare, wherein Christ was his captain, his arms, praiers and tears. The Crosse his Banner and his word [motto] Vincit qui patitur [he who suffers conquers].'

I am honored by being call a puritan

Re: On Puritanism

Everything that you said could also be said of the Nazis. Only one little problem ... Nazis committed the attrocities of Auschwitz. Just as the Puritans committed the attrocities at Salem.

Don't try to flatter yourself. "Pride goes before a fall".

Deist

Re: Whatever...Other questions to avoid

This last post of yours is very revealing of your nature and character. I can honestly say that I am glad that I have never met you in person. People like you give Christianity a very bad name.

I hope that one day you will change your heart and see the terrible errors of your ways.

Good-day!

Deist

Re: Re: Whatever...Other questions to avoid

Dear Diest,

My nature is that of the Christ you claim to know. My character is as his. You better not ever meet me. I would level you to the ground like Jesus did to the disciples when he said "Oh ye of little faith" and like when he upbraided them for their unbelief and like when he was walking on the water and he would have passed them by. I would have no problem calling you a whited sepulcher. I would hit you with the word of God so hard it would make your head spin. But still, you would not repent of your errors. You highminded...

Christianity is SUPPOSED to have a bad name. Why did Jesus say YOU WILL BE HATED OF ALL--ALL--ALL MEN. Woe unto you if all men speak well of you. If I please men then I can not please God. Ask yourself, if you have the guts, why the salt has lost its savor.

Ron HArvey

Re: Re: Re: Whatever...Other questions to avoid

You preach more lies ...

You said ... "Christianity is SUPPOSED to have a bad name. Why did Jesus say YOU WILL BE HATED OF ALL--ALL--ALL MEN. Woe unto you if all men speak well of you."

God says: Proverbs 15:20 ... Phillipians 4:8 ... and 1 Timothy 5:10.

Read and repent!

Deist

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG