TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Read my post again.

Dear Deist,

God made marriage and it was good, but there is a season for all things. This day, the last day, is not the time to be seeking the pleasures of the world and the flesh. Jesus said the days are coming when the womb that never gave birth would be called blessed. I tell you that this day is here. It is time for all those who call upon the name of Christ to forget the things of the flesh and to prepare for tribulation

Paul said it is "good" to be even as he. It is not a command. It is, though, a very good idea. I could be looking for a wife, but I choose to forsake the desires of the flesh. I want to love the things of God, not the things of the world.

I would like to you to admit that I did not command her not to marry. I do not command you not to eat swine. I do not command her to remain unmarried. If I had done so, I would have used unmistakable language such as; "By the authority of the Lord Jesus, I command you to forsake marriage." Did I say anything like this? No.

I would like for Sharon to give us her opinion.

Ron

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

God made the marriage institution and told Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply". What God makes, cannot be wrong. Secondly, Paul says elsewhere that it would be better for people to marry than "burn with passion". Also he tells married couples not to abstain from one another for any length of time due to the possibility of temptation coming in and causing them problems. Not to mention the passage that I quoted where it says that a doctrine forbidding anyone from marrying is a "doctrine of demons." Do you deny that? If you do, then you might as well cut that passage out of your Bible, because in essence that is what you are doing.

The passage that you are referring to was something that was personal with Paul and Paul alone. He feels a certain way pertaining to himself as a missionary. Also if you were to read that passage, Paul also says that this is him saying this and not the Spirit. However, the passages that I quoted is from the Spirit and not from just one man's opinion.

Deist

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Re: Re: Read my post again.

Well, at least you admit that it is perfectly fine for her to marry if she wishes. From your post, it did sound as though you were giving her a command to not marry and that was very dangerous. However, since you clarified yourself - that it was only your opinion and carries no weight or spiritual authority, then please accept my humble apology for jumping on your case about it. However, it would be good for you to make such clarifications in the future.

Deist

Good Enough

Dear Deist,

Apology accepted. No hard feelings.

If the woman remains chaste, well. If she marries, she will have trouble, as the Bible says. The choice is hers. I hope she listens to the Spirit and not the flesh.

Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Good Enough

Now wait a minute ... there you go again making the Bible "God's Word" say something that it really doesn't say. It was Paul's own personal opinion that it was better for HIM to remain unmarried for the sake of his ministry. There is nothing in there about "trouble". I'm married and I don't have any trouble. I know many people who are happily married and don't have any trouble. Are you anti-marriage or something?

Remember, marriage is a God sanction institution.

Deist

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG