TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh, by the way ...

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be sure to keep Christ as the Reason for the Season (as always).

Deist

Re: Oh, by the way ... I know you like to eat and drink in God's Word so...

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Proverbs 30:5-6 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Revelation 22:18-21 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Email: TruthOnWeb@aol.com

Re: Re: Oh, by the way ... I know you like to eat and drink in God's Word so...

And where in those passages does it say that celebrating Christmas is wrong????

Deist

Carl, where is it evident any of the earliest apostles DID celebrate it?...even remotely.

surely if it was such an important godly festival...we would have visable their walk in Christ showing it WAS to be observed.

The eyes of the blind

That the celebration of x-mas is NOT COMMANDED by the word of God is self-evident. If you think it is, I would like to see the verse that so commands. Since the celebration of x-mas is not a command of God, then it must be a command of men. This is what jesus said about the commands of men...

Matthew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

If you think that you are worshipping the Saviour by the observance of his "birthday", then you worship him in vain.

The problem you have is that you are trying to understand the word of God by your human, carnal mind. This can not be done. Your statement "...where in those passages does it say that celebrating Christmas is wrong?" clearly shows that you are trying to justify your vain worship by the application of logic and rational thought. God can not be approached in this manner.

1Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

You need to receive the Holy Spirit before you can understand the deeper things of God.

With Faith and Love,
Ron Harvey

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

If the world loves it...

...then it is not of God. All the pagans, atheists, satanists and other degenerates celebrate x-mas. Does this tell you something? The world HATES Jesus! Why would they celebrate his birth or any other thing to do with him? They don't.

Ron

Email: rsnm10@hotmail.com

Re: Oh, by the way ...

My Savior the Messiah, was never the reason for the pagan histerical season which you observe. I for one would appreciate it if you would leave Him out of it!
Oh yea Deist, would Humanist be a much more appropriate alias for you?
seeker

Email: leroy4@bellsouth.net

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG