TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks for this interesting response

Hi Ron,

You asked me some questions about the parable that really intrigued me and which I tried to answer. I am interested to know exactly what you were getting at when you asked them and what you made of my poor attempts to respond.

I would be grateful if you could tell me.

With best wishes

Q

Email: mgt.harris@btinternet.com

Come on Ron - don't be so shy!

Come on - you asked me some questions - I responded - you now seem to have gone to sleep.

Don't keep me waiting like this. Please?

Best wishes

Q

To Laurie and Everyone else

Laurie, the Questioner

You are asking about two different points in time.

Jesus preached this parable before he died for our sins on calvary. He had to explain to these people at the Mount of Olives how they could make it into heaven as it could be understood at that point in time. That was by good works and having God's law on their hearts (Romans 2:13-17) He did not mention to them that he would be sacrificed in a few days for their salvation. He left this up to the disciples to preach after his death, which is where you get all the other scriptures about having to accept Jesus's saving grace to get into Heaven. This is now the way into Heaven(Romans 3:21-26). If you[people in general] have truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, have been babtized in the name of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, and use Bible teachings to guide you through a righteous life, you should have no problem doing good deeds.

Like I said before Jesus left it up to his disciples to explain salvation thru him. Paul does a very good job of this in the book of Romans after Christ's death. He explains the "evolution" of Salvation from works to faith in the first 5 chapters and then explains further the newest and most imparative salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. I think you should read Romans and it should give you a better understanding.

The following verses might help you and others understand what is in store for people such as yourself. This is why we understand and choose to accept Jesus's saving grace instead of trying to make a mess of the Bible. This is why you will never convince us that the Bible is wrong:

1 Corinthians 1:18-2019 - For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discerment of the discerning I will thwart." Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

I hope also, since you believe that the way into Heaven is good works, that you have been doing these things. I implore you to take the next step and accept Jesus Christ as your savior and be baptized. It won't hurt. It definitely will not keep you out of Heaven, if that is really where you want to go.

Keisha

PS To those who like to debate about Evolution and Creationism: One is about science, the other is about faith. Therein exist the distinction and nowhere else. The creation story is not for us to understand how the animals, plants, earth, humans, were created, but for us to understand God's relationship with us, our relationship with eachother, our relationship with his other creations, where we stand on earth, and so on. It's neat to know how all the plants and animals evolved from unicellular microorganisms, to multicellular symbionts, to multicellular macroorganisms, to what they are today, but God quite frankly doesn't care. Man chases this wisdom and then allows it to defeat their faith in God, that is when God does start to care. But you can't let that happen. The Bible is not a science book. So please stop debating as if it is.

Reread the parable Keisha

Thanks for joining in the conversation and for your ingenious attempt to explain the parable.

But when you look at it Jesus says what will happen at the end of time when God judges all the nations. There is nothing at all to suggest that it applies to just those who hear him before the cross. ALL THE NATIONS means everyone surely?

Best Wishes

Laurie.

PS You are 100% right about evolution and Christianity. The Bible is not a book of science and there is only a contradiction for those who are foolish enough to take it literally.

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG