TRUTH TALK FORUM:
Return to Website

WELCOME! A place where iron can sharpen iron, where spiritual milk and strong meat may be shared and received by all, where scripture can be expounded, where truth and love may be seen by the world.

To post: email totw@truthonthewb.org from your email address and ask for the password. It will be changed from time-to-time as need arises. Thank you for posting here. God bless.

! ! ! ! Truth Talk Forum ! ! ! !</B>
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lying to the public by the media is legal - My response

I sent the following letter to my Congressman and Senators concerning my recent discovery that it is perfectly legal for the media to lie. If anyone really cares about this issue, then I suggest you follow suit, otherwise, you shouldn’t complain when the media obfuscates and confabulates stories.

Click here to contact your Senator

Click here to contact your Congressman

It recently came to my attention that an appellate court decision has set a precedent that allows the media to lie to the general public without repercussions. I am outraged that a court of law would create law that legitimizes lying to the public. Whatever happened to truth in advertisement? What ever happened to integrity in reporting? This is unacceptable.

I recommend that federal legislation be drafted that defines "lying during public speech" a crime equal in severity and penalties to that of "perjury," and defines "coercion to lie during public speech" as equal in severity and penalties as "suborning perjury." The American public is not interested in legal rationalizations as to why anyone should be allowed to legally lie, we want to know that those caught in the act will suffer serious sanctions. While it is impossible to install a prohibition of lies passing between two private parties, it would behoove the "powers that be" to prohibit the propagation of lies to the general public in public speech.

Click here to view the entire article

“On February 14, a Florida Appeals Court ruled that there is absolutely nothing illegal in a major media organization lying, concealing or distorting information. The court reversed the US$425,000 jury verdict of 2000 that was in favour of journalist Jane Akre, who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.”

Now I realize that this is old news, but it occurs to me that media conglomerates would not want the general public to know such an insidious fact, which I consider to be the equivalent of a media cover up. The implications of such a precedent will reach into the lives of every man, woman, and child in America. From my point of view, the credibility of the media has been monumentally undermined. The only possible way to recover from such a disastrous event is to move forward with legislation that preempts the ability of media to legally propagate lies.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Re: Lying to the public by the media is legal - My response

OH! Say it ain't so!!!
Not our wonderful "FAIR AND BALANCED" Fox News!

You would probably be very suprised to hear what News we are never allowed to here in the U.S. And our News Media tries to say that other country's media are controlled. Four men control all that we see and hear in this country.

After what happened to get us into war with Iraq, I don't see how anyone could doubt that we are being fed a crock of LIES all the time.

May we be shown the truth by our Father & given the strength to act upon that truth!

Shabbat Shalom!
seeker

Email: leroy4@bellsouth.net

COME VISIT US AT WWW.TRUTHONTHEWEB.ORG