Return to Website

BigBands & BigNames

Welcome to the BigBandsandBigNames Message Board. The object of these discussions is to provide folks with an easy way to learn about and discuss big band music and related topics with others over the Internet. Post announcements, ask questions or respond to existing postings. Make sure to type in a descriptive title for your entry in the "Subject" box. Enjoy!

BigBands & BigNames
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Copacabana book signing/Society of Singers benefit

There will be an all-day "COPAFEST/Reunion" - a Barnes & Noble Copa book signing/Society of Singers benefit - and I want to extend an invitation to everyone who ever had a connection to (or interest in) the renowned Copacabana nightclub!

Date: Saturday, October 27, 2007
Time: Noon to 8:00 p.m. (store closing)
Place: Barnes & Noble, Greenwich Village
(Avenue of the Americas @ 8th Street)

We are expecting a big turnout, w/ many former Copa Girls and performers - so dust off those feather boas, ladies, and shine your shoes, gents - set aside the date - and help us make some 2007 COPA MAGIC.

Re: Copacabana book signing/Society of Singers benefit

Sorry I missed this. My great aunt Claudia was married to Jules Podell. I never seen the Copa but remember the cards we recieved from great aunt Claudia every Christmas. If there ever is another book signing, I would love to come. Best wishes, Dennis