Family Message Board

Add a comment or start a new topic. 

Family Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
LOVE YOU ALL

Just wanted to have my own message. Well I love you all and this is a way that you can send messages to me for now. I dont know how often I can get on the internet so it could be sometime before I get back to your messages. I Love you all. I will be thinking of u and missing you all this x-mas! Later

Re: LOVE YOU ALL

hey monkey I love you and miss you and so does alex hope to hear from you soon.

This is my address
Line1:PFC Mattos,Eric,F
Line2:293rd MP Co
Line3:unit# 43325
Line4: APO AE 09344-3325.
Well still miss you all and love you all hope to get stuff soon. Later

Hi Eric!
What can you tell us about life in Kuwait?
How's it going so far?

You are in our thoughts every day. Take care and know we love you

What is it like being in a different country?
Love from, Me

Well being here is like bening in a 3rd world country. There are some paved roads but alot of dirt roads. I have not got to see much of cities. But I have been in the desert and it sucks !! All that is out here is haji and his animals like camels and donkeys and goats. All of the cars look weird. On the camp I am at there are alot of people that are from around the world. Not alot of haji work and the shops we go to. The hajis do alot of crap jobs like cleaning the crap houses. There are alot of US people that work here. Over all it is ok but I cant wait to leave this crap place for Iraq because I want a bed and something soft to lay my head on. Keep sending you Q's and I will tell you what I can. Love you all.

Now that you're in Baghdad, tell us what a typical day is like. What are your living conditions like? Everyone might be interested in why it's hard to get to facilities (like the phone center) when they are so close by. Clue in the civies
Love ya, V

First the phone center is like 2 miles away. The day starts off with me gettig up and 8 to do pt if the mission is later in the day or at 8 toget ready for the day. I go to a millvan and get my M2(50. cal) and other things we need that we keep there. Then go to the truck and put my weapon on the truck, get my ammo and put my things in the truck. We then do the rest of the things needed to get the truck ready. Then me, Sgt. Edmondson, and PV2 Donthan(right now till my real driver gets to Iraq in about a week) and we go to are Squadleader and we get are mission for the day and the info on what has happened last night and what has happened before we roll out. Then we load up and go tothe chow hall eat. Then we go to the gate and load are weapons and roll out into the city. We then do are mission and come back aroud 6-8 hours later and then come back to the motorpool and take back are weapons to the millvan and clean them and then we put all are things up. When we do pt if we have not done it yet. Then eat and try to get sometime to talk to are familys if it isnot to late like it is most times. Welllove you all and miss you!

I'm posting this twice just in case you don't see it on the shoutbox...

Tell us about Baghdad after Hussein's execution - it must have been really crazy! Were you working security detail in the city that day?

We miss you - Be safe!

Well like I said on the message. I cant talk about that stuff right now on an open page that everyone can see. But I well tell you more when I can. All I can say is that I was in Baghdad when history happened. But we did get mortored more today than most. It is not as bad as it could be because alot of hajais are going on there hole trip. So it will start to get worse as they come back. Plus it was just a good thing that is was not on friday because that is there holy day and they would have loved that. Alot of them didnt like him but they will use him as a reason to attack us. I am being as safe as I can. I love you all and miss you all LATER.

"alot of hajais are going on there hole trip."

What is that?

http://lexicorient.com/e.o/mecca.htm that will give you some info. In my words it is the holy trip that Muslims take once a year and must take in there life time. Most of the arab world goes to. And GIs call arabs haji as a not nice word. But to them it is a nice word because it is used for an older male that has made the trip to mecca. Did you know that when a male goes on this trip to mecca he can get a women to be his slave for just the trip to be like his wife even if he is with wife. He has to take care of them but he can have more than one and when the trip is over so is the contract. What a good deal guys. HA HA HA . But it is not for me. Well I hope that helps. Later love you all.

Eric - leave us your Yahoo and AIM id's so that we can chat with you online :-)

here are erics screen names for anyone interested...

Yahoo messanger....ogreinthegun

AIM....theogrewiththeM2

Well I am leaveing in a few days for the new FOB.
I cant say when but soon. I dont know my mail info yet but I hope to soon. I am not sure what we are doing yet. But am cant wait to do something other than set on this FOB and not do anything. I know I will wish I did not say that later. But for now i am going crazy. All we do is mess with the millvan for the trip and pack it and unpack it and then pack it agian. It sucks. Well later all send any q's you have for me.

Got your new address from Steph and updated the Support Our Soldier page. Glad you liked your care package. Granny and Grandpa Sisson said they'd like to send you one so I'll pass this address on to them too.

We miss you and think about how you are doing alot. Hope your new FOB has at least a few niceties - maybe you've got indoor bathrooms now? Probably not :-(

Take care of yourself.

Does anyone have Eric's new address? I have a package for his B-day that I want to mail.

Eric's New Address

Eric's new address:

PFC Mattos, Eric F.
293rd MP Co, 2nd Platoon
FOB Caldwell
APO AE 09324

Hi. I am at the new FOB. It was a crazy ride here. I will tell you about it later, when i have time. For now I dont have the internet all the time. I am living out of a gym right now. We are working on getting a place to live right now. I dont know how much it will cost to get internet because the info on this place was wrong. I will get on agian soon but for now it will be hard to aim me. But I will try and look at my e-mail and myspace info when I can. I have some photos from Iraq on my myspace so check them out. I miss you all and love you. LATER

well hi from FOB Caldwell. It stoped raining. I am so happy it stoped for now.We still live in a gym and dont know when we will have are own place. I am going good. I have a great driver. When we came in one of are 5 trucks broke down. It was also pulling a trailer. So that made it a pain in the butt. We had to unhook the trailer then my truck backed up to it. Then we pulled it out of the way and a diff truck had to hook up to the trailer. It was a long time to be stoped in one spot. Then when we were going through one of the towns outside of the FOB the truck we were towing hit something. It screwed up the TC side of the truck up bad. It broke the wheel and bent the tow bar. So then we had to stop in the city at like 2300. Plus to make you feel better the lights in the city went off just before we got to it. Then IPs just start coming out of the shadows around us. They dont like a spotlight and a 50.cal on there head the dont like it one bit. Then lights start going off all over the city like signals. It was a bad feeling. But god was with us because my driver towed the broke truck for like 20 more miles and we did not get hit. Plus to top it off this was her first day out side the wire because she just got here from kuwait. And we stoped doing missions when she got here. So that is my good story for noe. Later you all. Miss you all and love you. Later PFC MATTOS

Well HI all. This is what is new. We now live in a wood thing no longer the gym! We will be moving to a diff house sometime soon. We are still fobits right now but will change soon. I am going crazy not doing anything right now. I know I will be sorry later. But it sucks to come to this place and not do you job. And to top it off they send you to a diff FOB like they dont need you. I know we are needed over here but it doesnt feel like it right now. I dont know how you feel about more troops here but I could help. This is wrong but makes me less of a target. But Baghdad is bad and they need troops there. That is why I dont know why they sent us away.But we are the only MP's at this FOB so they could use us more. On a bad note my comp is acting up more. I think we did not fix it right the first time. Now I get this error that says windowssystem32configsystem is jacked up. I dont like the sound of that. So if anyone has anything that will help let me know. Plus Steph need the discs soon. Any way mail gets here around 10-14 days because it has to be trucked in and only comes on Tuesdays if they feel like it, but mostly Fridays. I did get my first mail here fri it was mom's packages and erins package. I hope to get more good thing soon. I love kool-aid, beef-jerky,fruit-snacks, and other tasty things. I do need more personal things like razors for my fusion power razor and shaving cream. Well hope you all are well. LOVE PFC Mattos

Hi Eric,Just wanted you to know we're thinking about you. I'm sure you will be too busy at some point in time so hang in there buddy.
We mailed you a package on the 20th I believe. You know I thought about beef jerky at the time then we decided against it. Wasn't sure about the area.
Well you stay safe and we'll be reading your posts.
Love
Grannie and pawpaw

Hi son, Have sent ya your splicing kit,you should have it now or real soon. It was sent the day after mom's packages. Was wondering if ya figured out my battery voltage deal on the Humvee? Will check with Robert on the error coming up on the computer. Don't get in a fuzz, things could change at a moments notice!!!! Been there, done that. Sent ya some e-mails to your coldsniper address. Need to read if ya can. More jerky and etc on the way. Mom said she sent another package off today. Will send ya some pork next one.

Hey Baby I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love you and miss you. I promise that I am taking really good care of your boy! Cant wait to see you like what 7 months and some days! I love you be safe out there.

Your DOT forever

Yo Eric! hows it going? Its all right here. I just want to tell you that we all miss you alot. Hope that your time is as plesent as it can be.

Love, Me

Hi Eric! Hope you are well - haven't heard any new news from Steph for a couple of days. Heard about the guys in your unit whose HumVee got hit with an IED. Scarry! Please be careful!

I know you catch up on the news on this site when you visit but just wanted to let you know that everyone here is thinking of you and sending good thoughts and hugs.

Love ya, Mom V.

Hey TatorHead, Been snowing here today. Roads are slick. Mom and I went to Ponca Saturday and saw about 30 elk. One nice bull, have seen better. Got some pic's will try to send ya some for ya and your Harrison buddy. Keep the common sense alive and be carefull out there. Love your folks.

PS More packages on the way for ya'll

Hi all. I have been busy. I miss you all. I love the packages you all are sending. I think you for all the support. It means the world to me. We have been rolling out of the wire like everyday. My squad has been given IP(Iraq Police)stations on the Iraq Iran border. I dont remeber the name of one of the citys but one is Balaruz. I think that is how you spell it.The turkey thing that was in the news was the area that my plt will be working in. We are working on a new place to stay here on the FOB. If all goes right all of us will have are own room. That will be nice. I have seen alot of the country. My squad has not been hit by small arms fire or ieds yet. So it has been very boring but it is safer that way. I dont know when I will be on agian so send messages and i will get to them when I get on. I love you all. And thanks agian for the support. PFC Mattos

Hi Eric. Hope you are shootin' first and taking names later. We have sent more stuff for you including a little pork for good luck! When you squeeze him he is sure to chase all those camel jockies away from you. Like garlic is to vampires!HAHAHAHAHAAA! Hope you like my terrorist hunting permit decals I am sending you. You could put it on your vehicle. Well, talk to you later. Love you!
MOM

Hey monkey how are you? I miss you and love you and I hope to hear from you soon! The boy is getting huge! We miss you!! XOXOXOXOXO

Got an e-mail from Randell and family, in Wy. Said the family is thinking of ya and is ready for ya to come back and muledeer hunt. They hope all is well and like the fact that your OK. Sent ya'll somemore things to munch on and observe. Stay on your toes, 24/7 and we love ya'll.
Love DAD&MOM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!! I love you more than anything in the whole world. You are my rock! Be safe and stay STRONG! You will be home in no time! I love you and miss you.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

hola senor Eric? como estas. me gusta la clase de espanol! oh, si!! la verdad! adios.

quieres,
MI

Hi all! I am still doing good. My squad is at FOB Andaconda right now to get new doors and turret. So we are on a 3-4 day much needed vacation. We have been going out of the wire every day but one day a week. So I dont get alot of time right now. Are AO is very quiet right now but that can change in a sec. If anyone has something iraqi they would like me to get them let me know and I will try and find it.And if I find it I will let you know so I can get it mailed to you. I hope you all are doing good. I miss you all so much. So after patroling are AO some more now I have come to find out that the kids in one of are citys are buttholes. We had been given the kids candy and things in are citys and most of them love the things we give them. But in this one city they throw it in the mud and ask for money only. They also tell us they hate us. Now mind you that I dont mean just like 5-7 year old kids I mean them of all ages. They are just so bad. It is hard to be nice to them. Plus we know that all of the citys we go to the IP's we work with are insurgants. But anyway. I love all the boxes I get. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!! Till next time. Love Eric

Hi Eric - I was thinking about you today and thought I'd let you know. Hope you got to enjoy a little downtime while at Anaconda. How is the work on your new squad billets going? Are you guys finished building yet? I've missed seeing you stop by to read the news or leave a message on this board. I guess the internet and phone blackouts are happening frequently and/or you guys are really busy with patrols. Be safe! Last night Steve & I were at Academy Sports picking up some shin guards for Violet. At the check out counter they had some hilarious rifle shaped bbq lighters. Need a lighter? I'm packing up a small box of Easter goodies for you. I am going to put in some stuff for the kids in the good cities in your area and some candy coins to throw to the money-grubbing ones. :-) We think of you often - please take care. Love, Mom V.

Hi all long time no message. I am doing good. We have been busy big time. We have had alot of things happening right now. We had an ied of AT mines and it hit one of are trucks. But every one is ok. One of are guys got hurt and I put him on a blackhawk to go to andaconda to get looked at. But he is good. He got burt a little and his ankle got hurt but he will becomeing back to us soon. It sucks because he is just out of ait and was his 3 week in Iraq. But we all are good. I just want to come home so bad. Well I got to go I hope I can write more often. Love you all. Thanks for all the support and packages. Love you all!!

Hi every one. I am still doing good. I am just sick of this place. Today we had a suicide bomber go off in one of are citys we patrol. It went off in a coffee shop. Killing 10 and wounding 20 locals(no matter what the news said). It was in Mandali. These people I fear will never stop kill each other. It is a very nasty thing. Because in there culture if you kill some one in their fam then they have to kill some one in yours and so on and so on. It is kinda like the mob only they dont bath and dont use a toliet of toliet paper. So any way. I hope every one is good. I miss everyone so much. I cantwait to see you all agian. I will start sending more pics to step and any one who wants them just give me an e-mail that I can send them to. Well got to go. I love you all. Thank you for the support.

Eric,
You crack me up...the bath and toilet paper comment? ROFL

Loved the pictures. You can always send to me at virginia@engleberts.net

I had heard that the Hands of Victory monument was being torn down back in February. It looks pretty much intact from the picture.

Holy cow! Ree must have been crapping her pants when that round hit the windsheild!

Please be safe.

Anything in particular you'd like in the next care packages? Everyone's asking me. I keep saying no more toothpaste. What do you actually need/want?

Love ya, MomE

Made it home OK from Ft Stewart and back to the ole' grind. Gathered up the things you requested and shipped them to ya, along with afew other goodys. Did ya get them? Sounds as if your busy. Really sharp mentality ya have to deal with over there. Will talk to ya later.

Eric - we're all anxious to hear from you that you are alright. Send us a shout out once the blackout in your area is over.

Hi everyone. Sorry I did have not been on. As you all know. I lost a brother in the last week. Alex rosa was a great man and wanted to be the best day every. SO I have had no time to get on the net, We had his service for us 2 days ago. So you all know what happened. His truck was hit by an IED. It was 2-3 anti-tank mines. The same things that hit one of are PLT truck a little while back. It killed Alex Rosa on the spot. Or Commander was not hurt to bad. And Spc Crabtree is getting along ok. He will get better. We all have been hit hard by this because Rosa was a great guy and loved by all that knew him. So keep his fam in your prayers at night. Got to go. LOve you all. Thanks for the support.

Hi all. I am still doing good. I love all the packages I am getting. Thank you all for the support! We are still trying to make a diff here. The people still wont just stop blowing each other up. If you check yahoo news sometime you see the citys I go to in them. We had an suicide bombers kill 17 or so and wound like 20 locals. And they are still putting out ieds not for us yet (thank god) but for each other. They are a wierd race. I dont know how they are still here. For example we go out on patrols with IPs. The IPs always want us to give them water. It is like how can you still be here if you have to have are water to live. They always say they have no water. Well what did they do for the first few hundred years before we came over. But that would explain why they smell so bad and the fact they dont use any soap doesnt help. Plus they wipe there butt with there hand. Any way. All of us are doing good right now. I did find an IED the other day out on patrol. That was along night. I saw the IED around midnight by the time EOD got out there and blow the thing up and we got home to base it was 4 in the morning. But any way I got to get ready for todays mission. I love you all and miss you all like crazy. Later Eric

Hey hunny it was really good talking to you on the computer! I hope that I will hear from you on the phone soon..I love you

Hey Eric! Good to see you dropping by so often.

You didn't answer my question about the care packages!
It's June and I need to send some ideas to Jeff & Meredith - they are sending you a package for July.

So...Anything in particular you'd like in the next care packages? What do you actually need/want?

Love ya - be safe!

Eric,

Someone stopped by the website today looking for Spc. Alex Rosa. I followed the referring link and found this Family Guest Book. Here's the link in case you (or anyone else) wants to leave a message for Alex's family: http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?I=GB000088427895

I also ran across this article about Spc Rosa that was in the paper

Hi all! I am doing good. I have been doing alot more missions agian. We have been going out all day and then after we get back and think we are done for the day and then something happens and we are gone all night. And it is the next day before we get sleep. It has been like that for about an week now. We have been helping out ODA (SF) on some mission latly to. I cant talk about them that much on the net. But it has been fun. Something diff is nice every now and agian. Soon there will only be us at this FOB. Almost every American is going to Baquba and 500-600 Iraqy Amry to. So it will be us patroling this side of Dyala Provence. So it could get alittle more heated up here. Also because of the things we have been doing one of are IP Gens got killed when his office was blown up. We are still trying to find out who why and other BS. Well I got to go. I love you all. Take care. LOVE Eric

Hi everyone. I am doing good. We are still busy. We are the only unit at the FOB right now still. So we go all over the place now. We patrol all of eastside this province. We do a lot of missions with ODA(SF) now. So we are doing diff types of missions now. So that is nice. We have a new PLT Sgt now. He is not to bad. But how are you all are doing? Good I hope. Well I got to go. I love you all. Thanks for the support.

Well hi all. I am doing great. We are still busy. We are still like 60% of the force on the FOB. So we dont get much down time right now. We have been doing alot of 2 a day missions and that runs a person down. I am starting to count down the days till I have rnr. I know steph is. It will have been 10 month by the time i come home on leave. And when I get back I still have like 4-5 to go. I have found a new hobby. I go to the gym alot!!! I do mean alot. I am loseing fat but putting on muscle. I think most of you would not know me at first. So when I am not on mission now I am at the gym or trying to get on the net to talk to steph. Any way. I want to thank everyone for the packages. They are great to see. It makes my day on mail day to see something. Well I got to run. I am going to try and get some sleep. But it never works out. Love you all.

Hi all. I am still doing great. I am doing better every day because I go home on r-n-r in about 17 days. So I am getting ready for that. I cant wait to see steph and alex. We have been busy still. A new unit is coming to the FOB soon. So we will have alot of new people to get to know. We hope that we will slow down when they get here. But not likly. I got my packae for chris an laura. Thank you very much for the support. And yes I wish I could have made it to the wedding. It looked like it was a ball. And thank you to everyone who has sent me a package. All of us over here thank you all for the support that you give the troops. Well I have to get ready for an mission. So I will talk to you all later. Love to all. Eric

Crabs

Can't wait to get to georgia and see you & Steph!!! We are gonna eat lots of crablegs! Poor Steph will have to eat hotdogs!! I bet little Alex will like crabs!
Love you!

Hi all. I want to to say Happy B-day Steve. And I will be home on rnr in like 7 days so I cant wait. It will be great to see Steph and Alex. Any way got to get off here. Love you all. Talk later

1 2