The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Kerry O'Sullivan 1785

Looking for relations to John Kerry O'Sullivan; estimated birth year 1785. Born in County Kerry, assuming Clonee/Tuosist. He married a woman named Ellen Foch(Fox)who was borh in 1799. They had 6 children: Daniel who went to Australia & nothing more is known of him, Margaret Elizabeth whom my line extends from. She married her 1st cousin Michael Daniel O'Sullivan. John & Ellen's other children were Ellen Mary (married John Butler), Mary (married ? Burns), Elizabeth (aka Eliza - married Daniel Sullivan) & Anne (no record of her marrying). John Kerry came to the US in the late 1840's w/some of the children & possbily some cousins. His wife Ellen came in 1849 w/2 of the daughters Margaret & Eliza. Margaret's husband Michael & their 3 children John M., Daniel M. & Maria came w/them. They landed in Boston Harbor in early May of 1849 & settled in New Bedford, MA. In 1853 they all came to Toledo,OH where their lineage has remained to this day. I'm hoping there are still relatives in Ireland or anywhere that can help add more to the lineage. I can go back as far as John Kerry's grandparents - Abel O'Sullivan & Vivian Kerry. Any help would be appericated. & just so you know, I am not an official member of the O'Sullivan lineage. I am researching my long time boyfriend's family.