The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patrick O'Sullivan/Margaret O'Brien Family County Cork>Massachusetts

Patrick and Margaret married in County Cork and had two sons that I know of.

Jeremiah Sullivan was born in Cork on 20 Jan 1829. He emigrated to the States sometime before 19 Nov 1854 when he married Margaret Warren. He died 10 Jun 1882 in West Newbury Massachusetts.

Margaret Warren was born around 1830 the daughter of Daniel Warren and Mary? of County Kerry. She died 06 Mar 1904 in West Newbury Massachusetts. Margaret's siblings were Mary, Catherine, Julia, and Ellen.

Jeremiah and Margaret had eight children that I know of. They were Margaret and John who both died in childhood; Patrick William, Catherine, Daniel James, Mary Ann (Molly), Abby Elizabeth, and Jeremiah.

Jeremiah's brother, my line, was Patrick Sullivan who was born around 1830 in Cork and died 1860-1870 Unknown. By then the family had left Massachusetts for Vermont where their youngest son Jeremiah was born in 1861.

Patrick married Hannah (Hannora) Wallace of County Cork on 27 Oct 1855 in Newburyport Massachusetts. She was the daughter of William Wallace and Hannah?. Hannah the daughter was born around 1834 in Cork and died 1892-1900 in Detroit Michigan.

Patrick and Hannah had four children. They were William born abt 1856 in Vermont, Patrick Henry born 05 Mar 1857 Winchendon, Worcester, Massachusetts, Margaret born 12 Jul 1859 West Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, and Jeremiah born 18 Sep 1861 in Vermont. The family arrived in Detroit Michigan by 1870 but Patrick senior is not on the census and Hannah is listed as a widow.

My line follows through Patrick Henry to William Jeremiah of Detroit to Michael John.

My primary interest is in Patrick O'Sullivan and Margaret O'Brien. I have nothing on them and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance
Chris