The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Denis Sullivan b: 1816 Co. Cork, Ireland

Looking for any information anyone may have on my great, great, great grandfather and grandmother.

Denis Sullivan born 1816 Kilmocomoge Parish, Bantry, Co. Cork, Ireland. married Catherine Flynn 31 August 1834 St. Michael's Catholic Church, Allihies Parish, Co. Cork, Ireland. Catherine was born in 1817 also in Kilmocomoge Parish. They immigrated between 1842 and 1845. I have not found any information on this immigration but it is said that they landed in Canada before making their way to the United States. Denis and Catherine had 5 children: John, Denis, James Patrick *my great, great grandfather*, Mary and Margaret. Denis died in 1874 Catherine in 1882 both in Wisconsin. They are buried at St. Patrick Cemetery in Vernon Co. Wisconsin.

The only other information that I have is that Catherine had a brother named Thomas Flynn who enlisted in the military during the Civil War. At the time he enlisted he lived in Whitestown, Wisconsin. He was a part of Company K 6th Reg..

Re: Denis Sullivan b: 1816 Co. Cork, Ireland

My grandfather Denis Sullivan, was born early 1880s near Peterborough Ontario Canada. I don't know much of his past. He was my mother's father. So my mother Teresa Sullivan married John (Jack) Sullivan. All of my ancestors from both sides came to Canada in 1825. They arrived in Peterborough (then called Scott's Plains). Denis died July 29, 1953. I mention this to you, as the spelling of Denis is the same. Yet my middle name and my oldest brother's middle name and my father's middle name is/was Dennis. We're not far from the US border, and no doubt several left for the US.