The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catherine & Jeremiah's son, John SULLIVAN

Catherine (Sullivan) & Jeremiah SULLIVAN's son, John, b.circa 1824 in County Cork, was NOT of the Beare Sullivan clan. John married Mary O'Connor, dau. of Mary (Gaines) & Thomas O'CONNOR, in the mid-1850s. Their daughter, Mary E., was born circa 1858, in County Kerry, follwed by her sister, Hannah, b. circa 1860. A son, James F., arrived circa 1864, but he may have been born in Queens, NY, for they emigrated circa 1863. In the U.S., John worked as a weaver in textile mills, and he must have gone where these jobs were available because the family moved from place to place quite frequently. John & Mary's son, my grandfather - Joseph A., was born in the Scranton, PA area circa 1871. Son Stephen's 1873 birth was in Jewett City, CT. Daughter, Johanna, was born in the mid-1870s in Worcester, MA. The family finally settled permanently in New Bedford, MA, circa 1890. Prior to that, however, the family lived in the "White Rock" section of Westerly, RI, either next door to or in the same house as Daniel Sullivan and his family. Daniel had been born in Valentia in County Kerry, Ireland. Since some of John's & Daniel's children shared the same given names, I'm wondering if they were related. I'm trying to locate the place where Mary's O'Connor family and John's Sullivan family had lived in Ireland. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thank you very much.