The Genealogical Query feature is provided for you to request information - from other visitors to the website - on your O'Sullivan and Sullivan ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others.

Note: All postings dated 3/8/2001 through 3/13/2001 were transferred from a previous O'Sullivan Lineage site. The date of the original posting is identified in the message text.

JIMO-SULLIVAN.NET Genealogical
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Michael O'Sullivan,b.1826,Kilworth,Cork

would like to talk to you about O'Sullivan My g-g-grandfather was Maurice O'Sullivan of Mitchelstown,Cork I will call you if you like john Saich Boston,Mass

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Original posting February 5, 2000

My parents' genealogical research indicated that Michael was born in 1826 and married Johanna Murphy in 1848. Their first child, Mary, however, was born in 1870 - 22 years later(?). Their first son, Florence (my grandfather), was born in 1871. Michael's other children were: Kate (married Dan O'Neil), Daniel, Elizabeth (married Dennis MacSweeny), Jack (married Rachel Jones), and Hanna.

Query: Was Michael O'Sullivan, father of Florence (b.1871), really born in 1826 and married for 22 years before having the first of his seven children when he was 44 years old? Did the famine have anything to do with the delay in reproduction?